Spartans Home

SINGULARITY - Fun - Wanna take a ride?

NoScream~SPARTA~

SINGULARITY

http://www.eve-online.com/faq/faq_14.asp

Do I need an Active account?

No if your old account is out of Game time credit, you can still play on SINGULARITY

What is it?

An EvE-Online test server where you can go and do anything, for no money.

14.1 What is the difference between Tranquility, Singularity (SiSi) and Multiplicity (Multi)?

Tranquility is the ?live? server, the EVE game world where most of the action takes place. Singularity is the test server where players can experiment with new features and changes without risking loss or changes to their favorite characters on the live server.

What can you do?

PvP, Fly, Test setups, Fight other players.

14.5 When is the test server available?

The regularly scheduled time for Singularity is at 24:00 GMT every day. It is patched and restarted during this time, and as needed, but occasionally will experience extended downtimes for any number of reasons

What are the rules?

The purpose of the test server is to provide people with the ability to test new changes and upcoming patches without the worries of losing something valuable they have worked to obtain. Singularity players are encouraged to use the market inventory to test combat features, also, provided these two simple rules are observed:

* Combat is by mutual consent only. Since the main purpose of the server is testing, attacking people who may be attempting to test something specific, trying to reproduce a bug or merely minding their own business is not allowed.

* Absolutely no pod killing without mutual consent. Although Singularity is periodically updated with new character data from Tranquility, being pod killed may result in the inability for someone to continue testing effectively.

There are special areas you can fly to for FFA war.

How do I get there?

You should make a copy of your EVE directory for use on Singularity, patching separately from your normal version. Test patches should not, and often cannot, be used on the live server. Installing a test patch into your regular EVE directory will result in an incompatible client version and you will not be able to connect to the Tranquility server. Test patches cannot be removed once installed.

COPY YOUR EVE DIRECTORY to a new location, call is eve2 or something, make a shortcut of the eve.exe to desktop and rename to something you will recognize as the test server.

RIGHT CLICK AND PROPERTIES ON THE DESKTOP SHORTCUT, and set the TARGET to

"C:\Program Files\CCP2\EVE\eve.exe" /server:87.237.38.50

The extra bit at the end is important, it redirects you to singularity

For VISTA the "" will be in the line for XP they will not

C:\Program Files\CCP2\EVE\eve.exe /server:87.237.38.50

BUT there is a SPACE between the eve.exe bit and /server:87.237.38.50

ONCE DONE, buy clicking on the desktop shortcut, your EVE game will launch into SINGULARITY.

YOU MAY HAVE TO PATCH the copied directory, NOT THE ORIGINAL

Test server patches?

http://www.eve-online.com/patches/patches.asp?s=singularity

How do I get access to the test server?

http://support.eve-online.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=33

User posted image

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully by the next update in a few months I will have my Golem set. I am hoping. Until them I will just have to kill you all with a crummy raven.

Bring it on bad boy, there a Paladin with your name on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Copy your CCP folder complete to a new location

call it CCP2

drag the eve.exe shortcut out to the desktop

change the TARGET property to

"C:\Program Files\CCP2\EVE\eve.exe" /server:87.237.38.50

don't forget the spaces.

DOWNTIME

SINGULARITY is down for service between 0000 & 0100 GMT every day

Check status here:

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=3240

john