Spartans Home

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone.... Before...

DrNo~SPARTA~

I like this: WHY

Will there be an economy?

Many of the details are still in the works, but yes, there will be an economy that makes sense in the Star Trek universe. Since the Federation has explicitly done away with money, expect bartering and trading of goods to be an important part of the economy. Less tangible forms of economics such as Reputation are also not out of the question.

And unlike Eve-online which is several years down the road with dumb ass pirates ganking in every sector, this is us (me) from the start, NO MONEY economy ! love the concept, no Buying credit, just barter your services or wears...

Eve for me was an endless loop of buy credits, skill up and not enjoy anything but some missions with my friends, get ganked, get war decked, no support no NCP help... this game seems to be aiming where EVE feared to tread.

Role on ! On planet off planet, space ship & the Borg ! :) cube me

Nice post Dr. No... I will give it a try when launched.

WATCH the VIDEO

viii

They are all different (same intro)

Star Trek Online Promo (beta)

&">

&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Star Trek Online Promo (2nd Beta) & Future Starfleet Vessel

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Star Trek: Online Beta Promo 3 & Future Starfleet Vessels

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

When I was looking at EVE I came across the Star Trek Online, But I also came across this one "Black Prophecy", but from what I read at the time, EVE was the daddy. But who knows, now a year on. Both Star Trek & Black Prophecy are further in there developments.

I'm no Trekkie, I like to watch abit of 7 of 9 etc etc but reading through and watching the dev, promo, I have to say, compared to EvE, it sounds much better. Still in development like Cobol said, it might be 2 years before it hits or next, who knows, but being apart of an MMO from the start is alot more inviting than 6 years in.

I do love the zero money culture and ship, in ship & planet aspects.

The first company went down and the project was taken up by 'CRYPTIC'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_Studios

IPB Image

http://www.crypticstudios.com/

makers of:

City of Villains