Spartans Home

ARMA II at Leipzig GC 2008

NoScream~SPARTA~

ARMA II will be at Leipzig GC 2008 on FRIDAY

Dear Mr.Xxxxxx,

ArmA2 will be shown in the business area mainly.

However we have some good news: there will be some Live presentations with real ingame material on some of the public booths.

Currently we have talks with some magazines that could show live scenes on their booths.

A ArmA2 live presentation with developer Bohemia Interactive is scheduled for Friday midday.

This presentation will be available via stream on Friday, late evening.

As soon as we know more we will post detailed dates on our website, petergames.de .

Regards,

Look out this Friday for ARMA 2 details & Videos :allgood:

Press Kit

DOWNLOAD

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/gc-08-pressekit.html

Whats in it?

User posted image

IPB Image

User posted image

Cooperative gameplay?

Team switch option?

New easy to use commanding interface?

New micro ai for team mates and enemies, now they use cover, hide and work better as a unit

Comprehensive simulation of suppressive fire?

Razor Team with unique personalities?

User posted image

Multiple endings?

Non-linear freeform gameplay?

Dynamic conversation with NPC?s?

Believable story plot based on actual geopolitical situation?

User posted image

Now the Real Virtuality 3 - Engine:

? multicore Support

? DirectX 9 (Shader Model 3)

? "Parallax texture mapping"

? "Hemispherical lighting"

? Mikro KI (gestures, supressingfire, cm-precision)

? a dynamic built in conversationsystem

The island Chernarus:

? 225 km2 of real world data

? 1 million 3D objects

? 350 kilometers of roads

? 50 cities and villages

? Hilly rural landscape with rocky coastline

? Living environment including civilian population and wild life

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Booty call

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

updated (edit)

This whole game is set in fictional part of CZ :)

viii

Comment, this whole game seems to be set in Georgia ? dam ohmy.gif

Spooky mate, lets just hope the nuclear option gamers sometimes use is not chosen for the real world hey.

havent governments used videos games to play out world scenarios in the past? maybe they have a govt contract to make all of this so we can see what will happen in Georgia if it all goes to shit.

"Well forest, there is shrimp gumbo, shrimp kabobs, shrimp scampi, creole shrimp, raw shrimp, steamed shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp jambalaya, shrimp..."

User posted image

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Yeah that was a really good article. A lot of good information about the game, what it will do and what it wont. I particularly like the section on oh... I dont know, I dont fucking read German!

The screenshots however, are very nice. Thanks for the post Viiiper. The more screens, the better!

/emote: Medics looks around his desk and mumbles something that resembles "Wheres that damn Rosetta Stone disc???"

Section: PC-DVD - Action game

Studio: HMH Hamburger media house

Manufacturer: MO17038

EAN number: 4260095170385

Release date: 16.10.2008

Availability: Coming Soon

Armed Assault 2 plays in 2009 in a fictional post-Soviet country called Chernarus. The player acts as part of a special command to provide stability in the embattled country. Armed Assault 2 is based on the latest generation of ArmA technology and characterized by outstanding features: an extremely extensive game world, authentic, highly detailed weapons, vehicles and environments and challenging single-player missions and impressive multi-player options.

FEATURES:

* Storybasierte single player campaign with role-playing elements.

* Act with dynamic events and surprises.

* Naturgetreue battle simulation (ballistics, ricochets & Material penetration).

* Resource management.

* Enhanced dynamic conversation system.

* Absolutely unique AI combat system.

* More than 50 usable weapons and vehicles, which arms the current status.

* Huge multi-player maps for more than 50 players.

* Integrated Mission Editor.

* 1000 sq km large area (fully playable).

* New graphics engine.

* Tides, constellations of stars, times of day and weather change dynamically.

* Extensive vehicle library.

* Much more realistic grounds.

* Armory: Dynamic playable library, all weapons and vehicles.

* Optimization for dual / multi-core systems.

* More details in the faces.

* More vegetation details, new animal world.

* Improved building destruction, destructible environment textures.

* Cooperative multi Playing.

* Improved AI, especially in homes and in urban combat environment.

* AI used hand signals to coordinate and strengthen understanding.

* Multi Playing for more than 50 human players on one battlefield (Join in Progress).

* Integrated Voice-over-IP (VOIP).

* Unique and game modding freedoms.

* Takes advantage of 64 CPUs.

* Befehligung huge Squads of an area of 200 kilometers.

* About 100 units per group (compared OFP 12), 144 groups per page.

* HDR lighting, dynamic lighting effects and real-time shadows, glare, bright eyes with dark adaptation.

* DirectX 10 / Shader Model 3 rendering.

* Volumetrischer fog.

ARMA 2 VIDEO PRESENTATION GC Leipzig 2008

DOWNLOAD 94 Mb (I don't have a streaming link sorry) it's in German

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/arma2-ga...8.html#download

19mins 30sec long (ALL IN GAME)

@4min 30sec it goes ingame, showing Editor & game

@17min 30sec "RELEASE 2008" send B.I.S. a present for their Christmas tree !!!!

I agree, I've held back from 64 bit till drivers and software issues clear up

The screen shots look sweet, B.I.S. & CM seem to be in a cold war

neither wanting to show a full hand before it's too late for the others side to

be able to change or add content before release ......

ARMA 2 v OFP 2

A guy that went to Leipzig show

I visited BIS at the GC on Friday. And what I've seen in the more then six hours was anything then I expected. Even though it was an early version, it was running very stable on both PCs except the one or other CTD. Compared to ArmA this is something totally different while familiar at the same time, with different lightning effects depending on the weather situation and time of day. You literally can feel a rain coming in for example. You might say "We have that already" but it's still something different and hard to explain actually. Lightning comes from different sources like street lamps, vehicles or the light of the moon and stars.

A much better AI then what we have now, even though not completely done yet. I've seen fightings going on in the woods and each time I've seen the same scene the behaviour of the AI was different.

Here are some of the things I remember:

- Even more realistic tides and stars

- Village signs are in cyrillic

- Better animations then we have now

- Improved lightning, no more shining vehicles when sunlight falls on them

- More fractions on each side: USMC vs. Russia and also two local fractions on each side

- Very dense road network with a lot of dirt tracks going into the landscape. I played around with it for like an hour, driving and running around in Chernarus. I got lost several times, despite the dense road network

- No trains, the tracks are just to improve the scenery

- No rivers or streams but small lakes

- Most buildings are not be enterable, but almost each one is destroyable. If they get too much damage they collapse like in ArmA

- Very nice church with incredible details

- Many, many different vehicles, actually too many to remember but: Crossbike, Mountainbike, BMP-1, BMP-2 and BMP-3, T-90, Avenger HMMWV, Mi-24, Kamov, PV3S, Ural with ZU-23, Tunguska, LAV-25. The editor menus are full of different vehicles and these in different configurations

- The BMP-3 has 3 gunner positions (2x front MGs, 1x main gun), the Mi-17 has gunners in the side door, rear door and the front.

- M1 with loader position, without a loader the gunner must switch to loader position and reload, then switch back to fire

- Both F-35 and Osprey take off vertically, but not sure if the AI can too

- Aimpoint optics looking much better now

- Player can interact with all units when he is near them and AI starts to forget about things, example:

Some russian tanks passed a village before.

If you ask someone in the village about tanks in the area after two days, they might say: yes there were 4 tanks going through yesterday

If you ask them 2 weeks after they passed, they might say: Yes there might have been tanks but i can't remember

- Campaign can be played with up to 4 players. It's not limited to that but because in the campaign there are only 4 members in the force recon team.

- Womans and many other civilians, old and young ones which fit perfectly into the area

- Civilians randomly move around in villages. While i was walking around in a village suddenly some russian patrol was there while the area was clear as I started

- Animals: Dog, Rabbit, Boar, Sheep, wild pig and a few more

- Editor is the same one we know already but has now a debug console where you can do all kind of stuff like pausing the game and fly with the camera around

- The command interface is slightly different, like order your men in a vehicle is now: Select them -> 9 ?> Complex command -> Get in vehicle

- The vehicles are extremely detailed, like moving instruments, retracting gear, electronics in the wheel well, scratches

- Wounded units roll on the ground in pain

- Wounded or dead units can be dragged or carried

- Dualcore support, one core is used for the Micro-AI

Overall it looks and feels much better then ArmA, even if you consider that it's an early version. In fact, I haven't expected it to be like this

I was at CM too and what I've seen there was anything then impressing. Most of the time you either seen render images or video stills. At BIS I've seen a game running in front of me all over the time, paused only to show some details. A game I was able to use, to drive or walk around in it and not just a huge presentation with selected stuff. I was able to say, show me this and can I see that and it was shown to me. No chance for BIS to show only what has been done yet.

Big thanks to Marek, Jan and the Idea guys for a great day, their patience with me and the chance to see and use ArmA2 live.

Raj

If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't post at all rather then spamming the forums with nonsense.

[CAVE]guerilla

Have you ever considered that the jumping crosshair is by design? It might reflect the fact that after moving or running your aiming ain't zeroed for a while.

--------------

Okay, I see the world through my pink BI glasses... So what?

"Good birds don't fly away from this game..." - And if they do, they are screwed!

well, i could translate the article but wouldnt do it, its way too much^^

i have been to the Games Convention in Leipzig yesterday, and i played lots of good games etc.

e.g. ArMa2^^, CoD World at War, Street Fighter 4, FarCry2 etc.

it was a very good day but plz dont ask me for ArMa2 way too much to explain xD looks very good, good game-play