Spartans Home

SINGULARITY Testing Server

MUTILATER

NEW EVE SERVER ..... Yes a mirror to go play upon.

Ok ... First bit .... READ WHAT I SAY SEVERAL TIMES if your interested as I'm not providing a help desk to do this as ALL the information is contained within this post in a monkey see monkey do kind of way even a numptie can get it right first time around .... GOT it :)

Server name > Singularity (Testing Server)

What it's for ... Testing ships killing others and having fun without hurting your stats ect on the regular server.

Connection ... Read below as to how .... Uses your current characters and no detriment in any way to skills and stats.

Do items cost isk .... Yes ... However any item is only 100 isk ... Yes ONE HUNDRED even fo that faction module or that flash snake implant or even that faction raven .... Yes repeat ..ALL ITEMS 100 isk each.

So now you know the crux of this server, Do ppl play upon it ... hell yeah ! ... Are there any rules YES !!!

A - NO POD KILLING ... you will be banned.

B - NO Killing at stations ... The beacons are for killing each other, go to the right area for 1vs1 or FFA

C - You can do pretty much what ever you like just be nice to others and don't try greif tactics ..you won't be there long.

D - If Beacon X says cruisers and below ... Don't go there being a dickwad with a battleship.

Well thats about it in a nutshell ... not too much to ask am i right.

Ok still interested and wish to join this server ? here is how you do it .... Follow my directions as no more help is forthcoming so don't ask me how .... I'll direct you here instead.

First thing is to create a new folder in your program files (Or where ever you installed Eve)

Original location C:\Program Files\CCP

New Folder You Create C:\Program Files CCP-Singularity ( File , new folder and name it as i stated )

Once you have your new folder Directly Under your original one then copy ALL files from original folder into the new folder, be careful you don't end up with another CCP folder inside the CCP-Singularity folder when copying over.

Now go into the new folder and into the sub folder "EVE" and find the executable file (eve.exe) Right click and add a new shortcut to your desktop. RIGHT NOW rename that new shortcut to "Singularity" before you forget which may be which.

Now the hard part (For some) ... You have to modify the command line to execute the run. Right click on the shortcut icon "Singularity" and go to properties and a new screen opens up. and make sure your on the "Shortcut" tab.

Now upon this tab you will see the section or box called "Target". Delete all the target line and replace it with the one i give you below and then hit apply. If it will not apply you have done something wrong or you missed a letter or space in the copy n paste below.

NEW TARGET > "C:\Program Files\CCP-Singularity\EVE\eve.exe" /server:87.237.38.50

Now if you have followed the directions above when you click the new "Singularity" link you connect to a different eve server ... Too easy right ... Set your settings and your character up to your liking and your almost ready to roll.

You will spawn in some random system, don't panic just join the chat channel "moveme" and ask to be moved to the zero zero system where the action is, think it's FB-MLJ (Can't remember but its shown in the moveme channel when you connect to it) If an admin is in there he will mover your char to the designated area ... If not get a shuttle n leg it over there.

Once in the new system there are 2 stations ... Top station is where you buy ships and modules, second one down is where you can repair your damage. Remember do not kill ppl at stations don't even target them.

As i said once at station purchase your ship and fittings to your liking and go have fun, as i said earlier any item is 100isk ,

So a fully fitted raven with the lot si going to cost you 1000 isk ... LOL ... too good to be true right.

Once set up undock and look at the beacons ... The name designates what happens at that beacon Eg FFA-1 Battleships, this is a free for all in battleships EVERYONE is a potential kill. The team vs team beacons are designated also, or if someone using the area just warp to a planet and do your stuff.

NOW READ BELOW CAREFULLY

Play by the rules or you WILL GET BANNED.

The actions on this server have NO IMPACT on yoru character on Tranquility ... If you lose a raven you don't lose it in the real game, If you get podded and lose your implants ... NO you dont lose them in the real server. Spend isk ... No you don't spend it in reality ... This is all 100% seperate from the Tranquility server.

Don't panic your stats will not be up to date, This server is updated with the main servers info once a month so your skills could be 4 weeks behind the actual level your at today. NOTHING on this server has any impact on your real characters.

However it all looks the same and is identical .. So go explore or have fun ... Fly around 0.0 and look for complexes or just go for a look, Do what ever you like just play by the rules, If your not sure ASK IN LOCAL.

Well that's about it ... Give it a go if you wish, This is a great opportunity to kill Viper or even me :) ... And if you get killed all you lose is a lousy 1000 isk LOL ... I was there earlier with a friend and we just played till armor testing frigates until the final battle ... Yep i got my first PvP Kill mail woo hooo ... and it was a nice juicy 44m SP char :P ...how sweet it was, but i have a feeling he was being nice to me since I'm a nooblet.

Server is updated once a month and you may have to delete and recopy your original file folder over every now n then but it's not a lot to ask for the great learning peaceful environment it entails. (Be warned CCP Dev's are in this server all the time Don't be a wanker, once banned ... Your gone for good)

Side Note - Genji Ancient (Scott)

This is a friend who introduced me to this fun at zero cost option, he is a long time player with GoonFleet and will be coming by our Sparta server to help train and teach you guys if your interested so if you see him in TS ... Make him feel welcome and talk to him he is cool guy and extremely helpful like Eoskye (Leonard).

Scott will be more than easy going and will endevour to help you all in aspects of Eve and even give you a kicking to show you some tricks, Thew singularity server is the perfect environment to LEARN EvE without the ganking greifing asholes you find in the real Tranquility Server.

Props to Scott showing me this option and i welcome him to Sparta also, You will see him regulary i hope and maybe in other games we play in the near future also. This is a great asset to have for all of us here who play EvE.

Thanks to Scott

Enjoy this new option guys

Regards Mutilater :D

Actually, the Singularity server has been around for a long long time. It is nothing new. What is different is the fact that they removed the option for the server from a drop-down list on the login screen. Before, you could just select which server you wanted to join. Now you have to use the method Cobol listed as above.

Hope to meet Scott soon.

Med

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~