Spartans Home

iRacing

Rocky

Sworn to secrecy, I've been beta testing a new racing sim, iRacing. That's there new website, publically opened today.

iRacing is a Sim, in the strictest sense of the word,

GRID ---------------------- GTR2 -------------------------------- iRacing

It's all run through a novel web interface and downloaded client, there's a huge amount of user data tracking going on, all your best times compared to everyone else's etc.

The bad news? It's pay to play, so that'll put most people off right away. On the upside, that will elimate virtually all cheaters and trouble makers, and ensures a field of serious racers.

So, cars and tracks are all individually priced, I'm not sure how the pricing is fixed ('cause I got to download over a gig of data free lucky me!), but if they do a demo and if any of you are into racing sims, definitely check this out.

...... It's pay to play.....

cars and tracks are all individually priced,......

:o .. :o .. :o

.............................. .:angry: .. :angry: .. :angry:

.................................................................. :rolleyes: .. :rolleyes: .. :rolleyes:

About iRacing.com

iRacing.com was founded in September of 2004 by Dave Kaemmer and John Henry. Kaemmer was co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, Inc., developers of award-winning racing simulations including NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season and Grand Prix Legends. Henry is principal owner of the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Group - the co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing - as well as an avid simracer. The iRacing.com team combines more than 100 years of real-world racing experience with more than 50 years of successful racing simulation development.

http://www.amazon.com/Vivendi-Universal-NA...n/dp/B000077WA5

I bought this game new for $59.99 Jan or Feb 2003. It was and still is the best game on the market. EA Sports bought the "rights" of Nascar licene and stopped this compnay from continuing the best Nascar sim. Kaemmer was co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, Inc., developers of award-winning racing simulations including NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season and Grand Prix Legends.