Spartans Home

The 9800GX2 has been released!!

The 9800gx2 has been released!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o Keep in mind this is the first modle to hitt the market. The OCs come later Look and drool!!!

IPB Image

Look on your favorite net shopping sight for the price.

This is the biggest meanest baddest vid card so far at least untill the over clocked modles come out and the ultras. This card is SLI all buy it self! And is the first one of xfx series.

Dual Link DVI - Supporting digital output up to 2560x1600

Yes (Dual)

Clock rate

600 MHz

Memory Clock

2.0 GHz

Shader Clock

1500 MHz

Chipset

GeForce 9800 GX2

Memory

1.0 GB

Bus Type

PCI-E 2.0

Memory Type

DDR3

Memory Bus

512-bit

Output

Dual DVI, HDMI

Highlighted Features

HDCP Ready , SLI ready , RoHS , Vista , HDTV ready

Features

128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR)

Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects?now with support for anti-aliasing.

16x Anti-aliasing

Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.

Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista?

NVIDIA?s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface.

Dual 400MHz RAMDACs

Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates--up to 2048x1536@85Hz.

Dual DVI Support

Able to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays.

Dual Link DVI

Capable of supporting digital output for high resolution monitors (up to 2560x1600).

Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Support

World?s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.

High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration2

Smoothly playback H.264, MPEG-2, and WMV video?including WMV HD?with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work.

High-Definition MPEG-2 Hardware Acceleration

Smoothly playback all MPEG-2 video with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work. Battery life is extended when watching DVDs while running on battery. MPEG-2 is the standard format for DVDs, is accepted as a format for HD-DVD, and is also used for HD broadcast.

High-Speed GDDR3 Memory Interface

Support for the world's fastest GDDR3 memory delivers fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications.

Integrated HDTV Encoder

Provides world-class TV-out functionality up to 1080i resolution.

NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)

Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare provides the best out-of-box experience and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs.

NVIDIA® Lumenex? Engine

Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rates.

NVIDIA® nView® Multi-Display Technology

Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.

NVIDIA® Quantum Effects? Technology

Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU?all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.

NVIDIA® CineFX? 4.0 Engine

Delivers advanced visual effects at unimaginable speeds. Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture with new texture unit design streamlines texture processing for faster and smoother gameplay.

NVIDIA® ForceWare? Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)

Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs. Includes full support for PCI Express and AGP.

NVIDIA® Intellisample? 4.0 Technology

The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern, advanced 128 Tap sample coverage, 16x anisotropic filtering, and support for transparent supersampling and multisampling.

NVIDIA® PureVideo? Technology

The combination of high-definition video processors and NVIDIA DVD decoder software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater. (Feature requires supported video software.)

NVIDIA® SLI? Technology

Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unparalleled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express graphics, SLI dramatically scales performance on over 60 top PC games.

NVIDIA® unified architecture with GigaThread? technology

Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.

nView? Multi-Display Technology

The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience.

OpenGL? 2.1 Optimizations and Support

Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.

PCI Express? Support

Designed to run perfectly with the next-generation PCI Express bus architecture. This new bus doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X delivering over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.

Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)

Part of the NVIDIA Forceware Unified Software Environment (USE). The NVIDIA UDA guarantees forward and backward compatibility with software drivers. Simplifies upgrading to a new NVIDIA product because all NVIDIA products work with the same driver software.

WMV-HD Hardware Acceleration

Playback videos in Microsoft's Windows Media Video High Definition (WMV-HD) format without skipping frames or losing video detail. Accepted by the HD-DVD consortium as a new HD format, WMV-HD is now part of Windows XP to make it easy for users to edit and save their favorite videos.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-068-BG

I remembered MUTILATER saying something about prices dropping when this

comes out, I will be keen to track 8800GTX2 prices now.

BFG GeForce 9800 GX2 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail

UK price £434.74 inc VAT :angry:

That's about x2 in USD or $869.49 to us in the UK

-------

In the USA $599.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143128

NO WAY

FULL REVIEW TOM'S

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/nvidia-gefor...view-30511.html

@ CRYSIS

IPB Image

IPB Image

@Call of Duty 4

IPB Image

IPB Image

@ POWER CONSUMPTION

IPB Image

viii

Well old TOMs steered me wrong one time and cost me money due to they sometimes don't have a clue as to what they are reviewing. so I won't take any advice that comes from that sight at all. But the bench marks look great. The price is allways high when a new model comes out, they will drop as the hotter 9800s come out. A smart monkey would buy the base model and load the overclocked bios in it and the have the hot one for cheeper anyway. The 9800 is a twin board card and it runs in SLI all buy itself. But NICE card!!!!!!!! I would be inclined to put 2 ultra8800 in sli but they are rare now, can't hardly find them. As i recall the 8800 ultras were $600 some $700 when they daybued. And I wouldent touch a vid card unless it had life time warranty XFX offers double life time warranty.

Power Connector Issues

http://guru3d.com/article/Videocards/512/9/

only the Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt PSU connectors was able to fit properly, and that's just crazy.

Gaming: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

http://guru3d.com/article/Videocards/512/17/

Scores show that the new series don't give you an edge.

But I'm drifting off, back to the actual hardware. BFG, NVIDIA .. dudes ! Without a doubt, if a game is SLI supported (and 95% of the games today are), this is the fastest product you can purchase for that gaming experience. With the computational power that the GX2 brings you'll reach new performance heights that surpasses the mighty GeForce 8800 Ultra at a steep yet lesser price. Any game to date can be played in the highest resolution with the finest image quality settings (except that one title called Crysis of course).

Except games like GRAW2

The review is tainted buy a reviewer that wants the latest and greatest to become the No.1 seller

The problem is the $price does not warrant the performance. If you were building a rig from scratch

with no budget constraint or upgrading for the max, then it's a contender (at the top).

But like I said, when I was asked about Power supplies (by Cylawyer and others) if and that's the

big if, you can afford it then buy it, like my Enemax Galaxy 1000W it's the top but for how long?

The Next series is due in 2009 and has been in co development during the manufacture of the 9800

Your new 9800 will be last years product sooner than you think.

As for my Enemax Galaxy 1000W, the same premise but a 1000W power supply is not being stressed buy todays hardware, unlike the Video cards. I'm sure Cylawyer and others still love their 1000W monsters and in 2 years it will still be capable, like the 9800 when the next gen games come of age.

I wait for the day when someone buys the 9800 GTX & starts to moan about something :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well some time back invidia anounced that it will continue to introduce new vid cards every year. I gess it boils down to how long will your old one last untill you have to get a better one. I see some time soon that the vid card will turn out to be like a mini mobo, with interchangible gpu and ram. We will see.