Spartans Home

Manchester Airport Fire Service now has Oshkosh Striker 6x6 ARFF

Athlon64~SPARTA~

Feel safer at Manchester international airport due to Oshkosh is now on sceen. The finest fire fighting vehicle in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having the opportunity to turn wrenches on trucks like these has been a honor thru out the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEISaMLhjEk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uEISaMLhjEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I haven't been there, what's wrong with Manchester?

From the video looks like a new fabulous, huge, flat, non congested, state of the art terminal, with more then needed 6 brand new crash trucks. With a state of the art fire training facility Outher then maybe being out of the way. Looks like the airport I would like to land at. Probley doesn't have any runway incursions, looks like the perfect place to fly in and out of. From what I have seen of Heathrow, looks like a mad house.

Remember, congestion means danger! All those little planes moving back and forth across live runways means that ground controllers better be on their game all the time. One sleepy controller could mean 100s of lives.

And haveing the worlds largest planes in and out all the time explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmD5w7z8iDk

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Manchester airport isn't that bad. I fly from there quite often and haven't had any problems. The facilities are good, layout's reasonable and it's pretty easy to get to.

It's nice to know they're investing in top line emergency equipment, although I hope it never have to see it in action!

Sorry it was just a small dig at my Northern Cousins you are bang on about Heathrow being a madhouse its just 45 mins from my house above me is a multi storey plane park most days.