Spartans Home

Viiipers NEW ROUTER

NoScream~SPARTA~

Belkin N1 Vision Wireless N Router

N Grade 108Mbs

The N1 Vision wireless router offers an easy way for you to view your network's broadband speed, computer bandwidth usage, and the status of your connected devices - all from an easy-to-read display. Packaged in a new sleek and sophisticated design, N1 Vision offers the best in networking performance with its wireless 802.11n* 3x3 radio design and wired gigabit ports. The N1 Vision wireless router continues Belkin's commitment in providing the best user experience in the home market through its Plug-and-Play CD-less installation and simple network security setup.

Main Features

* Interactive Status Display shows your network's broadband speed, computer bandwidth usage,the status of connected network devices, and more

* Plug-and-Play CD-less setup

* Easy Security Setup with support for Wi-Fi Protected Setup and Multiple SSID

* 802.11n draft 2.0 compatible - 3x3 radio design provides excellent speeds and complete wireless coverage

* 4 Gigabit Ports

IPB Image

What makes the N1 Vision special is an interactive display which gives you visual feedback on what the router is up to. Belkin says the N1 Vision displays:

* Download/Upload Speedometer

* Network Bandwidth Usage

* Number of Connected Devices

* Guest Access Network Key

* Date and Time

The N1 Vision also features Belkin's famous CD-less set-up, 802.11b, g and draft n networking as well as 802.3ab. It's launching worldwide this month, although we only have the US price of $200 (£100) to go on at the moment. Full specs are given below:

Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router F5D8232-4

* Interactive network display

* Plug-and-Play 'CD-less' setup

* Operating Range: up to 487m

* Link Rate: up to 300Mbps in 20/40MHz channel mode

* Compatible with IEEE 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11n draft 2.0, 802.3ab

* Ports: WAN - 1 Gigabit port; LAN - 4 Gigabit ports

* Security: Wi-Fi Protected Setup; WPA, WPA2; 64-/128-bit WEP encryption; multiple SSID

* VPN Support: PPTP; IPSec pass-through

PPTP

Point to Point tunneling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-poin...neling_protocol

IPSec pass-through

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPsec

http://www.wireless-routers.org.uk/belkin/...oadband-router/

Power Adapter

This adapter is needed for getting external power supply.

List of Interfaces

? network Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T ? RJ-45

? 1 network Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 ( WAN )

? 1network Radio-Ethernet

Features

The special features if the product includes MIMO and VPN technology

Range

The highest open range open of the device is measured as 487.7 m.

List of supportive protocols

? TCP

? IP

? PPTP

? IPS

Data Link Protocols

? Ethernet

? Fast Ethernet

? Gigabyte Ethernet

? IEEE 802.11b

? IEEE 802.11g

? IEEE 802.11n (draft)

Other Features of Belkin N1 Vision Wireless-N Router

? 3 Antenna

? 4 port switch

? Wi-Fi protection

? 3 x 3 radio design

? 802.11n compatibility

? Status Display

IPB Image

IPB Image

CD LESS installation NO CD, Plug & play via browser

HOW it WORKS

$180 - 200 US

£90 - 130 UK

PCWORLD £130

£91.50

LAMDA

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/in...p;prodID=B86694

CCL

£99

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info-pc.a...2&pc=dennis

NICE! I wonder if they are gonna make one thats not wireless. I will have to keep my eye on this one. And I wonder if it breakes up the data packets into smaller ones so they can be sent faster reduceing latency. What i really like is haveing the ability to tell what the heck is going on, this thing is GREAT! Fantastic find there VIIIPER!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

To be honest, lets look at facts and not day dream, for the price £99 UK ($180 US)

This router packs in the punches in all groups (remember match the price before comparing).

The router is CDless setup, no sofware CD no drivers no shit.

The router has full 10/100/1000 4 port Gigabit switch hub built in.

The router is available as ADSL or CABLE PoPA & PoPE.

The router is the only one in the world with a full graphical display.

The router sports self diagnostics for connection problems and connection

details inc. display of all connections currently being made with data.

The router is stand alone while giving all info.

The router supports VPN (virtual private Networking)

The router supports HOP SPOT limited access guest key, basically you can give

a visiting friend or relation Internet access and nothing else, while preserving

your master WEP key or phrase.

The router is looks hot and has power saving modes.

The router is N class and backward compatible (300Mbit)

when you compare your router, see how informative it is when your PC is off but others are connected and using it, while you are wondering why little GREEN LEDS are flashing on your router while your PC is off, remember the Belkin N1 allows you to see who is on and allows you to kick users with your PC turned off.

Next time you struggle for range or signal remember the belkin uses MIMO (multiple in Multiple out) no sharing and ranges around 200-300 meters indoors.

Nuff said.

If your Router fails this year, consider this puppy for full wireless networking & hard wired with the knowledge that your wife could probably set it up for you too. :lol:

NICE! I wonder if they are gonna make one thats not wireless. I will have to keep my eye on this one. And I wonder if it breakes up the data packets into smaller ones so they can be sent faster reduceing latency. What i really like is haveing the ability to tell what the heck is going on, this thing is GREAT! Fantastic find there VIIIPER!

This wireless router has a 4 port wired side too, although if you want a totally wired one, you might be waiting a while.

Nice bit of kit, but still prefere the Draytek's for security, IE policy based firewall, VPN with Digital Signature. Support backup via ether ISDN, DIAL UP, 3G. And yes they do cost a bit more, but a hell of a lot cheaper than a CISCO.

Draytek

Well theres outhers that are for gameing thats pritty good to and are built just for gameing, And I think this one will do just about the same thing

D link DGL 4500

IPB Image

And have a display also.

User posted image

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=643

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...Link-_-33127243

They are bouth nice, I like Viipers one better due to the display is bigger and stands verticle. But Dlink has the special game fuel feature that breaks up the data into smaller packets so they can be sent faster thus reduceing net lagg and gives the p/c thats gameing priority. I know, cuss me out! And is $10 cheaper.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well theres outhers that are for gameing thats pritty good to and are built just for gameing, And I think this one will do just about the same thing

D link DGL 4500

IPB Image

And have a display also.

User posted image

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=643

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...Link-_-33127243

They are bouth nice, I like Viipers one better due to the display is bigger and stands verticle. But Dlink has the special game fuel feature that breaks up the data into smaller packets so they can be sent faster thus reduceing net lagg and gives the p/c thats gameing priority. I know, cuss me out! And is $10 cheaper.

Was is CD less install ?

pity the display is on the top as it cannot be put on a shelf and viewed

but it does look sweet.

Nice bit of kit, but still prefere the Draytek's for security, IE policy based firewall, VPN with Digital Signature. Support backup via ether ISDN, DIAL UP, 3G. And yes they do cost a bit more, but a hell of a lot cheaper than a CISCO.

Draytek

Double the price and more

But I did mention a Criteria and the Draytek fulfills only one aspect out of 15

When my dlink 4300 dies I'll get one you've sold it to me but I will still use cables (I live in a one story house cables are already in so wireless is just no point).

My dlink priorities (is that a word?) game packets will this?

When my dlink 4300 dies I'll get one you've sold it to me but I will still use cables (I live in a one story house cables are already in so wireless is just no point).

My dlink priorities (is that a word?) game packets will this?

Wireless is useless to me too, till the day I bought a laptop and then I wanted Wireless. Now my sister comes around sometimes with her laptop and cobol too and they can login net access using a wireless connection and the guest key.

But on another point, all routers are great and do a good job to differing degrees, the thing I love about the N1 Vision is the data display, so many times I wanted to know if anything is on my wireless part and that has been a bug bare till now. Also the throughput of the router and connection diagnostic is cool, I mean how many times has your ISP loss connection and you spend 30 min pulling on cables and checking settings only to find your ISP is offline or the dam kids are downloading Debby does the USA and your bandwidth has gone to 20k max !

If this router is shit I will be the first to say so... ;)

I think Belkin thought long and hard when they made this item and the CD less install is the cherry, I use hotel hotspot logins with account keys bought via their login page and this feature is in this router..... Visitors beware my network is isolated but you do get Internet for free and a coffee at my house.

v