Spartans Home

Steam Family Sharing Plan

KalXen~SPARTA~

Okay, there's a lot of shit flying around about this, I just spent a while on the steam forums, so here is the skinny....

1. You can share your entire steam collection with up to 10 contacts. Even retail games you added to steam can be shared. There are some minor exceptions.

2. Your contact will have access to your entire collection, can play without restriction, any of your games, and buildup their own achievements, without corrupting your own.

3. This is a "borrow" system. They will be borrowing your entire account, so if you want to play a steam game, your contact will have to quit. they get a message with a grace period to do so.

So why are people absolutely fizzing over at steam, starting petitions and shit?

Because it is not enough, the cry baby whiners. They want to be able to share all their games all the time. So Dad can be playing upstairs and son can be playing downstairs, at the same time. This is NOT what it is about, it is about granting access to all your games to a contact while you are not using steam.

So for example, weedrew2, my nephew, can play all 77 of my games all summer when on holiday and I am at work, and also for 3 hours every evening when I am out. FANTASTIC. All those weekend special buys will finally get played!

Edited by Rocky

I think it is a great idea I just have to kick my boy of when I want to play if he plays a game on my account he really likes he gets a copy for himself.

Whats not to like.

• 2 weeks later...