Spartans Home

WarZ News...Get out while you can

EMT~SPARTA~

Yeah WarZ was a waste of money. I played it the first day and haven't played it since.

Now, this isn't unusual for me, and I usually don't seek out a refund, but seeing that post earlier this morning made me reconsider. Dirtbag companies like that don't need my money, so I've opened a dispute with PayPal. We'll see what comes of it.

So, instead you'll get away with saying it, without "saying it". Classy Steel... :bleh:

MH6 has quit out of so many games after the first day, I wouldn't really say that anything can be predicted there. :hysterical:

But lets be blunt - Every game out there has a business model to make money. No money, they change business models or move on.

We started with gaming companies that built a game and charged $60 payments, with $15 monthlies just to recoup their work. They teased with new content coming for months while you pay your monthlies only to find out the new content is another $10.

Groups like Steam find amazing ways to get you to buy it, even if you might not play. Go look at your Steam libraries, and count how many games you've bought and barely played or didn't play at all. Count up that cash, and realize we've probably all been nickel/dimed for games for years w/o really getting the potential out of them like we have with Arma 2.

Then came the "Pay to Win" models like World of Tanks or League of Legends that probably gets you spending even more than you expect. I'm sure each one of us has easily spent a good $50+ on these games just for characters, slots, etc.

And now we're at a point of "Pay to Build", with kickstarter and Indiagogo bids to get access to something that doesn't even exist yet.. And mind you, with 0 risk for the programmers if the don't provide a game. Star Citizen has touted amazing opportunities and is hyped up well too. Who's to say they won't change their minds on business model in 6 months, far after Kickstarter is over. That's the risk with spending money on vaporware.

So no matter how you slice it, unless the content is continued by a free community, it comes down to a continual cash model to sustain/execute a game concept. Every game licence agreement you accept when installing the game has statements essentially allowing the game company to change the agreement or come up with a new way to make money (or stop someone else from making money from their work.)

Star Citizen has touted amazing opportunities and is hyped up well too. Lets just hope it isn't an eventual sham.

Its not... Chris Roberts is running things and it will succeed. Furthermore, if they were selling stock in this company I would invest.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone get the email abbout warz excutive producer's apology and how he promises to listen to the community after seeing so many people ask for refunds?

for those that didn't get it here is the contents of the email from exe producer sergy titov

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?85497-Open-Letter-to-The-War-Z-and-PC-Gaming-community-from-Sergey-Titov

too little too late. if he's genuine i feel sorry for him.