Spartans Home

How not to drive a Bugtti Veyron

NoScream~SPARTA~

There's something Darwinian about these vids and the people that drive them. With the obvious exception of those that are police chases, you would hope that the owners would have a level of skill applicable.

In my 7 years with Aston and the driving opportunities I had I can honestly say I can out-drive all of those guys in the video, simply because I was given basic but fundamental instruction on how to drive a 500hp super car.

There's something Darwinian about these vids and the people that drive them. With the obvious exception of those that are police chases, you would hope that the owners would have a level of skill applicable.

In my 7 years with Aston and the driving opportunities I had I can honestly say I can out-drive all of those guys in the video, simply because I was given basic but fundamental instruction on how to drive a 500hp super car.

Like not standing on the brakes at high speed?

Like not standing on the brakes at high speed?

That and the simple rule that with all that power and specifically planet pulling torque, cars like that can pull away in any gear.

Unless you're straight line racing, it's always safest to pull away in high gear with low revs: no silly wheel spins and snaking tails.

Most of those fails were down to guys hitting the gas, in low gear, off the straights and spinning the cars.