Spartans Home

Bug Out Bag

Roach

ok kit, i'd add a sidearm, and a shotgun, and an m4a1 carbine with foregrip, acog, JUST in case, you never know right?

Gotta keep it "legal"

I wish I could have the real deal...

legal my ass, when the shit hits the fan, its all wild, wild, west again, the dude with the biggest revolver wins.

Agreed, once my kits together ill post vid...so far I don't need a butter knife =)

If your gona do a kit roach start of simple with a good survival kit/tin, with some knowledge of the subject(books) and if you can get some experience to back it up (dont make the mistake of thinking you can do it, know that you can do it through experience).

i started a kit around 2 years ago and its still a ongoing project. in that time ive made mistakes and wasted money by rushing it so take your time.

my set up is a redundancy system because i dont like the idear of having all my gear in one bag (all your eggs in one basket) for example

1. theft of the bag or violent robbers (outnumberd, no chance of escape or even armed attackers) want to try leave with my life

2. lost or unretrievable (droped or to dangerous to retrive)

3. ditching it (slowing you down)

my personal set up (to much to list just a quick once over)

1. my will to survive, even if i loose everything that i have donsnt mean i will give up, the items are their to help me out in a bad situation improving conditions.

2. survival kit, this is the last ditch effort item so only put items you will realy need in it (get this one right) stored in pocket/jacket

3. belt kit 48hrs of food(rations),hexi-cooker,mess-tins,water bottles x2+ brew kit chocolate puri tabs, multi tool torch/flashlight spare batts ,gortex bivi bag, Map+compass gps/satnav as back up.

4. backpack 20 days of rations, hygene & maintainance kit, waterproofs, warmers, spare clothes, methylated spirits + burner, waterproof bags + human waste bag and duck tape.

This is what i can recall from memory from my own kit some may need explaining and some not but its just a once over im sure i have more items in there and some off to the side like the NBC kit but thats a diffrent situation.

i hope this gives you some idears for your own kit but like i said erlyer (dont make the mistake of thinking you can do it, know that you can do it through experience)

one last point survival is a skill like map reading is a skill just because i may read a book or two on a subject or base my own experince from time served years ago dosnt make me a expert or even experinced, skills like them need to be kepted up to date but some experince is better than nothing its just getting the time to do it that can be the problem.

hope this helps the guys out who are intrested in preparedness

thank you for your time hope it wasnt wasted Karl

Prepare for the worst, Hope you never have to use it.

I posted this video a while back here. It's my old bugout kit which has been modified somewhat since the last video. I tried to reduce weight by looking for lighter gear and reducing even more redundancy with sturdier items with longer use, i.e.better quality. This is just a quick vid to show some of the main kit. I didn't spend any time rehearsing, and I just did it on the fly, so pardon any mistakes and the time where I can't think of the word I'm looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqvQsWbFjs

I also recently got my Remington 870 Express Tactical but haven't really been f'ed to post picks yet. But, I do have one. Actually...

Context: r/guns does has this meme about 'Zombie Meals'. Basically, it people taking a shot of a nice dinner with their 'toys.' Last Saturday, the wife went out of town, so I grilled a New York Strip, made a baked potato with the works, and some broccoli drowning in cheesy sauce. Topped it off with some New Belgium Brewing Co. Fat Tire.

The guns are the Remington 870 Express Tactical with modified choke and a paracord sling I made and a Smith and Wesson M&P .40 full size auto, Virginia version (no external safety). The knife is the Smith and Wesson Extraction and Evasion Bowie. It's a well built knife and comes with a small survival kit and fire starter striker.

LWSbs.jpg

iiMi7.jpg

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Fellas these are really good ideas!

Ive been watching Medics vid and taking notes.

Ill be heading out again tonight to get a few more things... leather gloves emergency radio ect

Keep em coming

feed back welcome ...(and needed)

:ogle:

If your gona do a kit roach start of simple with a good survival kit/tin, with some knowledge of the subject(books) and if you can get some experience to back it up (dont make the mistake of thinking you can do it, know that you can do it through experience).

i started a kit around 2 years ago and its still a ongoing project. in that time ive made mistakes and wasted money by rushing it so take your time.

my set up is a redundancy system because i dont like the idear of having all my gear in one bag (all your eggs in one basket) for example

1. theft of the bag or violent robbers (outnumberd, no chance of escape or even armed attackers) want to try leave with my life

2. lost or unretrievable (droped or to dangerous to retrive)

3. ditching it (slowing you down)

my personal set up (to much to list just a quick once over)

1. my will to survive, even if i loose everything that i have donsnt mean i will give up, the items are their to help me out in a bad situation improving conditions.

2. survival kit, this is the last ditch effort item so only put items you will realy need in it (get this one right) stored in pocket/jacket

3. belt kit 48hrs of food(rations),hexi-cooker,mess-tins,water bottles x2+ brew kit chocolate puri tabs, multi tool torch/flashlight spare batts ,gortex bivi bag, Map+compass gps/satnav as back up.

4. backpack 20 days of rations, hygene & maintainance kit, waterproofs, warmers, spare clothes, methylated spirits + burner, waterproof bags + human waste bag and duck tape.

This is what i can recall from memory from my own kit some may need explaining and some not but its just a once over im sure i have more items in there and some off to the side like the NBC kit but thats a diffrent situation.

i hope this gives you some idears for your own kit but like i said erlyer (dont make the mistake of thinking you can do it, know that you can do it through experience)

one last point survival is a skill like map reading is a skill just because i may read a book or two on a subject or base my own experince from time served years ago dosnt make me a expert or even experinced, skills like them need to be kepted up to date but some experince is better than nothing its just getting the time to do it that can be the problem.

hope this helps the guys out who are intrested in preparedness

thank you for your time hope it wasnt wasted Karl

Prepare for the worst, Hope you never have to use it.

You n I need to talk =D thx m8!