Spartans Home

self parking ford

adder360~SPARTA~

You know, I am always amazed by this technology, but actually I think it would work only in few civiliced Contries around the world.

It probably could work in US, but i m telling you, this technology is useless in Italy.

In Italy we are used to park our cars literally at 4 or 5 cm distance bumper to bumper. Spots are so small sometimes it takes to a human being a manouver step by step about 5 minutes to squeeze your car in it. Other times you need to make your room to park your car, meaning most of the time we gently touch the other parked car bumper and then we gently "push" that car to allow us other few centimeters to work on the parking manouver. This, when well done is not damaging the other car..... Honestly, is not always "well done"...

We do not have the luxury of such wide parking spots, where the onboard computer recognize the right room and take action. We need to be "creative" on our parking manouver.

Nice technology, but not for all :)

I'll stick to manual parking. Not only because it's faster and more precise (I rarely have to pull forward again to straighten out, for one), but as a programmer, I don't trust the computer not to hit the curb/cars around me.

new ford focus parks its self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-rxJkVzUxI

If you really look at it good (the clip) the last parking maneuvre sucked(external vieuw). The computer took way tomutch space there and time (miliseconds so who cares)

(so about efficiency i don't know yet.. )(that parking space was so BIG )

(never trust a computer that you cannot throw out of the window)