Spartans Home

The CDC tells us we should be prepared

MedicSN6

Well. As far as im prepared, good food, supplies, first aid. However no Firearms, Brazil has some sort of strict policy regarding firearms to the general public, like registered and such, so if it stricts, im gonna have to go clubbing them and chopping off heads. should be fun!

Well. As far as im prepared, good food, supplies, first aid. However no Firearms, Brazil has some sort of strict policy regarding firearms to the general public, like registered and such, so if it stricts, im gonna have to go clubbing them and chopping off heads. should be fun!

Lawn equipment is handy.. machete, a good Ryobi, etc.

Lawn equipment is handy.. machete, a good Ryobi, etc.

Definitely a machete, tactical tomohawk, and a baseball bat with nails in the end. A electric weed whacker could yield interesting and possibly hilarious results. I would wear a face mask though.

if I had to purchase any firearms i'd go with a shotgun of some sort, they're reasonably cheap and deal good damage from short distance. For long distance, I'd go with a tactical bow and arrow. Those things are dead accurate (some skill needed). We'd probably need some sort of gathering point to join up and survive along. Don't forget to save some biological and chemical researchers so they may try and find a cure for zombie infestation.

Regarding lawn equipment, we just don't have that down here in brazil. At least in Rio, majority of us lives in condos or apartments. I like however the baseball bat with spikes in the end. Dont forget to use a mask of some sort though

if I had to purchase any firearms i'd go with a shotgun of some sort, they're reasonably cheap and deal good damage from short distance. For long distance, I'd go with a tactical bow and arrow. Those things are dead accurate (some skill needed). We'd probably need some sort of gathering point to join up and survive along. Don't forget to save some biological and chemical researchers so they may try and find a cure for zombie infestation.

Regarding lawn equipment, we just don't have that down here in brazil. At least in Rio, majority of us lives in condos or apartments. I like however the baseball bat with spikes in the end. Dont forget to use a mask of some sort though

Here's mine $300 at the gun show!

gallery_8_26_130002.jpg

gallery_8_26_110562.jpg

I'm not big expert on zombies but, how its spread? How you get infected?

For as far as i know infection is in the blood and get to your system when zombie blood touch you. Biting is just one side effect of zombie attack.

So if you are shooting from close distance or use machete, axe you spread zombie blood all over the place.

So if you get a drop on your skin sooner or later you will be infected.

So what the point of blowing zombie in to pieces in close fight?

For as far as i know infection is in the blood and get to your system when zombie blood touch you. Biting is just one side effect of zombie attack.

So if you are shooting from close distance or use machete, axe you spread zombie blood all over the place.

One of the main problems with the Zombie genre is that so many people write the fiction. Throughout the Zombie writing timeline, people have re-written how zombies are made (rapture, virus, etc.), how fast they are, how smart they are, how long they actually 'live' after becoming a zombie, do they react to sound, can they climb, etc.

It's kind of pointless to ask specific questions without figuring out or out-right choosing which film, game, or book's zombies you want to talk about because they can be vastly different.

Here's a pretty basic chart that shows some of the differences in the genres and individuals zombie creations. http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Comparison_Chart

SO, I will try to answer your questions but keep the above in mind.

Depending on how it is started, it can spread like any virus through the air, through saliva (the most common and it lends to the biting method), through blood. The film, The Crazies, showed how it spread through the water system after the water supply was tainted.

Many of the films I have seen, getting blood on your closed skin is okay, but you DO NOT want to be bitten or scratched. If blood or saliva enters your body, through a mucous membrane (eyes, nose, mouth) or through a cut, scratch, or bite, there is potential for infection.

Yes, potentially, the best way to kill would be from a distance. In the show The Walking Dead, one of the characters uses a crossbow to kill at distance and silently.

I covered this above.

I think if this were to ever happen, and I hope it never does, hell I don't even think it is plausible, but I would hope that people are smart enough to figure out what works versus what is cinematic sensationalism. To a movie executive, throwing in some explosions right when the main character is in danger is money in the bank. It is done to add suspense and kill a whole bunch of zombies at once and allow the guy to escape.

The reality is, you would never engage a zombie/s unless completely cornered and with no real means of fortification. Otherwise, you need to avoid these fuckers at all costs. Avoidance is the only real way to stay human. Going out and looking for a fight will only mean that eventually someone will be putting a bullet in your head because you've been infected.

As a caveat, I really don't think anything like this will ever happen. People will say that it is possible. Well, anything is possible, but not everything is plausible. I like zombie talk because it is entertaining and can be fun.