Spartans Home

n00b is error no unit.......

EL_n00biachi

After 3 years my pos pc finally died this afternoon after i had just bought a new flashy pos videocard and 8gb of new ram,i tried to prevent buying an entire new pc......and now i funkytowned myself by doing so.

Of course i wont be on until i've found someone willing to buy my hot body...i mean....errr....i might just sell my laptop,i never use it anyway....sigh....oh well catch you guys in a few weeks i guess...

Marco 'n00biachi'

Dang Noobiachi,

Thats not good news man. What failed CPU, MB, RAM what?

You say it decided to fail right after the new video card..... you sure its not just a spent power supply?

Hope to see you back here soon.

I don't know,but booting up to windows was slower as if there wasn't enough power,even though its a 500w Antec....gonna try my old gtx260 tomorrow.

Also; every time i start windows and log in i get a bsod about memory issues...i swapped back my old set of ram...pc wont even start...

I'm gonna put back everything from before my 'upgrade'...hopefully everything will work again.....but i just know im funked....unless insufficient power leads to memory related bsod's?

Yes Noob, low power can cause BSOD. Do you remember "Hajimoto's Overclocking Session Basics Class", where I explained the largest single contributing factor to failed overclocks is low voltage?

You need to reduce the power need of the machine buy stripping it down to the bare essentials (One Stick of RAM, Old Video card, remove all unessential HD, ROM drives, Audio Cards..... and try again. It is not a guarantee that it will still work as a failed PSU can still fail with low draw, but you can at least use it as a starting spot.

Pc boots into Windows safemode but after trying to uninstall my vid drivers it bsod'd....brb :)

pc wont start with 1 module of ram....

Edited by EL_n00biachi

what graphics card did you buy then .???

(i had an power supply was 250 Watt i ran a gt8800 on it and it worked fine at first... (a wonder)

Then the card broke down so i went to the store to go whining ..

(the guy told me you shoud not open the graphics card ,WHAT if you tell me one more time that i am lying I Will loose it .

He said ;i can tell by the screws that you open't it .What the F*** why woud i open a new graphics card i replied .

(no where it the brochure it stated that u need al least 500W powersupply .)(in the end i got a new one...)

it was dumb on my end ,but lying that crossed the line ....

I hope you get if all fixed

talk too ya soon NOOOBI

MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr 2,i have a 500w psu,only 1 hd 1 dvd player burner and went from 4x 1gb to 4x 2...

The 260 uses 190 idle 270watts under stress and the 560 151 and 358 under stress....probably slightly more seeing as it has a custom cooler and a factory over-clock...so if im playing ARMA 2 itll be 370ish plus the HD,DVD,4 modules and my CPU which uses idle 148 and 187 under stress....the video card and the CPU both already use more power than my PSU can provide....mmmm.....doesn't tell me why i got to play for a few weeks with no problems though....maybe i blew it up seeing as swapping everything back doesn't work,and i did what Haji said,stripping it down to the essential stuff just the CPU and 1 module....it wont even start...

I really don't want to invest any more money in this pc,i just tried to upgrade it to bridge the time gap with the coming of Bulldozer,obviously if i need a 700w PSU and knew it was gonna fix it all i would buy it right away i can always take that one to the new build...but how can i be sure....sigh...fml.

Dumb question ;

Doo you have the correct power supply (i had a 450 Watt but was enough but didn't work neither )

(i mean a constant power supply not just a peak(or hows it called / and got the right connectors (? 2x_12v ?if needed )

you probably doo so somethings broke . S*ht F*kc

Pc boots into Windows safemode but after trying to uninstall my vid drivers it bsod'd....brb :)

pc wont start with 1 module of ram....

win 7 needs how mutch RAM to start running ?

Edited by EBE

Dumb question ;

Doo you have the correct power supply (i had a 450 Watt but was enough but didn't work neither )

(i mean a constant power supply not just a peak(or hows it called / and got the right connectors (? 2x_12v ?if needed )

you probably doo so somethings broke . S*ht F*kc

Well mine is only 500w,which is not enough i guess seeing as my videocard and cpu combined use more under stress than my psu can provide.

win 7 needs how mutch RAM to start running ?

Im on Vista,but the pc wont even start with just one module in there....however it will start with all 4 modules in...go figure...

Hey Noob !!

That was not an Happy Easter for you !

Anyway, it looks like you nrrowed it down. Your PSU 500W is most probably the issue. Also, being failed, do not expect it will start with the stripped down version of your PC, becuae the damage is done and that PSU need to hit the recycle bin :)

It should be all there tho, meaning if you grab a 700 or 750 you dhould be able to start up right away. I hope bad voltage didn t compromise something more important on your system.

When you buy the PSU, be sure to "forecast" your needs if you will be moving to a more powerful platform soon, so you buy a PSU you can just use later on.

Good luck man, be quick to fix the issue !

I agree with Batwing, as I said earlier, even lessening the power load is no guarantee it will work. If the PSU was over worked (which it was based on your calculations) and it compromised one of the components (bridge rectifier, capacitors, transformer windings), then it is new PSU time anyway.

Modern motherboards and PSU's look to each other for proper continuity and voltage before they will even start, the problem happens with the current required can not be achieved. When this condition exists, more voltage is drawn from the power source to compensate, this out of spec additional draw is what compromises the PSU. There may still be continuity and voltage to start up the system but as soon as it looks for the necessary current....BSOD

The system not starting with one stick of ram is normal due to the fact that most systems today are at least dual channel which requires at least two sticks be installed to even start. So my "strip it down to one stick of ram" instruction should have read "reduce the installed amount of ram sticks to the motherboard required minimum".

Look at it like this Noob, you were going to be building a better rig in the future, that newer rig will require more than a 500watt PSU any how, so your just buying the components in advance for the new super rig!

Pickup a 750-850 and be sure it is a quality PSU with an '80 Plus rating'. For more information relative to 80 Plus and all the manufacturers that comply to this standard look HERE.

Fuck this shit.....its not doing anything i just plugged in a new psu theres a highpitched beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep coming out of that chinese $%&^%^& thing and when i look in it there is glue all over the place...WTF???????? im so #$^% done with this....im switching to console gaming......oh wait PSN is dead.....FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlldsl jgsd;kfll'kadhfjgkd hj

Glue ??

glue where ?? what did u buy? did u get it from an italian store? they usually put bricks inside the case and sell PCs like that..

Was you PSU a sort of box with a big wheel spinning? are you sure you got the little animal is supposed to run on the wheel?

Corsair Tx 750 SLI ready,80plus..........i checked all the cables AGAIN there's still a highpitch beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep......but i managed to get it booting windows and....yeah....same ol same ol...........

9a1iew.jpg

2v0hf08.jpg

I did all the stuff the bsod tells me to...i could just cry; and the last time i did that was at my mothers funeral.....

I cant take it to a pcstore either cause of all the personal stuff on my HD...blahhhh...and im out of money. oh well...

Noob try to reset your CMOS bios to system defaults and disable any advanced on board peripherals and try to reboot.

UPDATE: To those that are following this, I have el-n00b on my TS3, and I am working with him to narrow down the issue. It appears to be a HAL registry error so we are walking the machine through a restore from 7 days ago in an attempt to purge the clash.

More to come at the 10 o'clock news.............

Edited by Hajimoto

Check this page for POST beep codes:

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#04

It depends what is the BIOS brand on your MB.

However, scrolling down till the IBM BIOS, a long permanent beep means No Power, Loose Card, or Short. which almost make sense with your condition.

Altough you are connecting the new PSU, did you check if your Videocard is not lose? or any other card you might have..

Also.. if you have a short ongoing.. that is difficult to say, but remember I told you you might have had voltage issues as well?

I hope Haji support works...

Noise from the PSU, then i can t see how in the hell you are troubleshooting an hardware issue related to the PSU thru a "software solution" related to the OS.

Most probably with your remarkable luck got a failed PSU, can you take it back and change with another ?

EDIT

did you check your PSU is set to work on 220 V ( european current i guess)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Its "good" i re checked all the cables and atleast it starts the pc now,but still get the bsod,everything points towards a fudged registry ...im doing a system restore right now but it takes ages cause theres only one stick of ram in there right now.

This is the error message i get.

http://www.geekswhoknow.com/articles/stop-0x0000000A-0x000000A-irql_not_less_or_equal.htm

From that link you gave me:

Error explanation at bullet 2:

Components of the hardware may have failed such as the memory chip, the processor or motherboard. It may also indicate problems in video or disk adapters or device driver incompatibility issues.

The only thing you should try to do is startting the PC using an external boot disk, bypassing the OS completely. You could use the Win installer disk.

This test is to evaluate wether is an hardware issue reporting a weird error or the OS for real.

If you PC is able to bootstrap from CD and go thru a few steps into the OS installation (without installing the os, just testing) without crashing, it means your harware is fine and you are right working on software. Possibility you have toreinstall Win 7.

However if bootstraping from CD your system in few seconds go BSOD again, you have a serious harware issue, no related to OS and software.

Before you mess up your registry or anything else, i would suggest you to go for this test.