Spartans Home

Medic called... TORNADO

Medic called and he is in N.C. visiting relatives near Pope AFB/Ft. Bragg area (Spring Lake) for the weekend.

I guess (a) tornado(s) ripped through there this afternoon and knocked out power. He was looking to see if anyone knows an estimate to restore power. I checked Progress-Energy website and they are still assessing damage. If anyone has any more up-to-date info, please post and I'll relay it to him.

Time now is 9:00 p.m. Eastern U.S.

I think the tornado(s) hit about 4:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. News says 5 dead in that area.

He and his family are fine.

Hmm. The Fayetville Observersays there's a curfew at 9pm, but no word (that I could find) on when power would be restored. There's probably a good supply of MREs lying around if it hit Bragg. Soldiers have been known to find the most interesting ways to get rid of the bad ones.

Prayers for the deceased.

Yeah that same storm cell went right over my town after it left N.C., but thankfully it had died down a lot by then. We had some rotation but nothing touched down. Which was good because the worst part of the storm was directly over us.

Hey all. Power came back on about an hour ago. Had to let the battery on the notebook charge up a bit before I could even use it. Phone is charging too. Luckily my brother's apartment complex wasn't hit by anything but wind, rain and hail, but about a half mile from here there is a whole forest laid over along with power lines and a couple trailer parks.

Many stores are closed today because of power outages and because employees are assessing their home damage.

Thanks Cy for taking my call, and everyone else for the info and thoughts.

I'll be back home some time tonight.

I also live in NC and just found out that i had something like 3-5 tornadoes touch down withen ~5 miles of my house. Guess i slept through most of the storming though. Crazy thoughts. Hope all is well for you medic.