Spartans Home

Indefinite Hiatus :(

Rooster90

If this thread is on the wrong part of the forums, by all means move it.

Hey guys, just letting you all know that I'm not disappearing forever. I'll be gone this Tuesday - Sunday for some military training. On top of that, my computer decided to blow up on me today, which could extend my hiatus indefinitely. I'm pretty sure my PSU just got fried, but I'm not 100% sure. It was pretty dusty in there, could've caused a short anywhere. So I'm stuck on my iMac for now until I decide to get a new computer. Been talking about it for a while, now seems as good a time as any. Catch you all on the flipside!

Yeah, it's just some standard first aid training. (CLS: Combat Life Savers). Plus my regular monthly drill that weekend. Preparing for our annual 2 week training in May.

New computer specs (as of now):

CAS:CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage [-52] (Black Color)

CD:Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+3] (BLACK COLOR)

CPU:Intel® Core? i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+84]

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FAN:Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Advanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+18] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])

HDD:80 GB Intel X25-M 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+132] (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+93] (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY:2GB (1GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory [-88] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX/SLI] MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [b3 Stepping] [+73]

MOUSE:Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI High Precision 3.5G Infrared Gaming Mouse [+47]

OS:Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional [+135] (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY:* 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TX 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+126]

SOUND:Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+48]

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+165] (EVGA Superclocked [+54])

Don't be alarmed by the 2GB of RAM. I chose the cheapest one I could, gonna get these put in instead:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231426&cm_re=ripjaw_p67-_-20-231-426-_-Product

ahh...CLS, i remember that. makes me want to stick IV's in my buddy again (he was scared s%^$less i'd miss his vein and wiggle the needle around inside him trying to find it.)

btw, system actually looks pretty good, aside from the aforementioned RAM upgrade. makes me want to find the money for one lol.

take it easy and catch ya soon.

Jeff

Yeah, they actually no longer train to stick IV's in CLS anymore. They did when I first did it in AIT, but I was told they no longer did that. Idk why, but I'm a little relieved, lol. I sucked at it. XD

Suggestion, up your memory to 4GB at least when using 64bit. Believe it or not 64bit uses over 1GB By itself. But it allows you to utilize more then 3.25 to 3.5 GB of memory. 4GB should be a minimum to use it effectively. Plus memory is one of the cheapest additions per gain in performance that you can do.

Hope this helps. Hope to see you in game soon!

Edited by SirSmokalot

SirSmoke: You must've missed my very last line in my specs post. The 2GB is the cheapest option i could chose on that site. They didn't have the memory i wanted. I'm getting 8GB of Ripjaw X memory. I think I'm covered, lol.