Spartans Home

Android Apps

I use the Tmobile G2. (FroYo 2.2 straight from Google and only with Tmobile account app, no other proprietary shovel-ware like my old Motorola Cliq had, what a piece of junk)

Pandora - I think you need a paid account ($36 /Year), but unlimited stream of music that Pandora has access to that maybe the band of your choice and/or bands of their likeness. Real good application to listen to music on commute or out and about.

Google Sky Map - If you don't have it installed with that version of Droid (I have 2.2 and it came with it), get Google Sky Map as it's a reall cool starmaps application and works real good as well).

BUMP - If you give out your email address or contact info alot for sales, collaboration, etc etc, "Bump" is a real cool app, as this shares contact info via internet to the other phone based on timing of bumping your fist and the other users and location. So it easier then telling someone everything , they will have it in a matter of seconds. Its an easy way to share v-card stuff if you interact with Vendors, clients etc.

Be sure to set it up properly to protect what you give out in setting it up though.

Google MyTracks - Also what should be already be installed (with froyo 2.2 I think),is Google MyTracks. I use it alot in Mtn Biking, and other various activities. It uses google maps backbone but tracks your movement , speed, elevation, etc; and has some cool stats you can go over later on.

Amazon MP3 - since it interacts with Amazon Cloud drive as player, uploader/downloader to Cloud Drive*. You first install it on your PC and get setup with free 5GB storage on Amazon (basically uses Amazon S3 Cloud storage but for personal use if you will). This allows you to upload music of your choice (or even any kind of file for that matter), and stream that music to another PC or your Android via, 3G, 4G, or wifi. I started using it this past week since the MP3's I would buy, I'd get them from Amazon. Mainly to avoid ridiculous DRM and proprietary crap from Apple's iTunes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3APM5XTAKIEKE/ref=ent_fb_link?pf_rd_p=1292122242&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=163856011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KM3JKVJ2VFJNDXPTRXN

I'm not sure if you noticed but some of the MP4a's from iTunes wont transfer to an Android without some extra "wrangling". Hence why I moved over to Amazon, especially now with the Cloud Drive. I can easily share music between my Android and my PC at work by downloading what I

Edited by SirSmokalot

Actually i have an HTC TouchPro 2 and I am running a dual boot Android 2.2 and Win mobile 6.5

I don t use Android too often but I am learning about it, possibly getting an EVO 3D soon.

There a few Apps I think are excellent and very useful on Android market, rigorousely FREE:)

2. ES File Manager - advanced file manager able to interact with my Windows share folders on my home network
  3. Ghost Commander - Powerful File manager to handle ZIPs and advanced file management on 2 windows at the same time
  4. Contact group manager - Advanced contact manager. Allows to use and creat groups to send bulk emails and TXTs, also calling policies. It is fully compatible with groups coming from your online address if you Sync either with Google or with Hot- mail contacts
  5. Advanced Task killer - Very good at what it does.
  6. Skyfire - Excellent Browser handling Flash videos and much more

These are the ones I could not live without.

I am sure there are many more very useful