Spartans Home

ATI and the wonderful drivers they release ;)

I just updated my driver to the new and lovely 11.2 (can you sense the sarcasm) and now CCC will not start. This is a WIDE spread problem! I installed the driver using safe mode, not using safe mode, manually deleting the left over folders, using driver cleaner by guru3d and still nothing. Im at a point now that I will take my cards out and burn them because that would be a good aggression release. Does anybody have any advice on this? Look at my sig for he specs on my system. Any help would be appreciated.............

Yes Skele..

I already had this problem and solved it.

Not necessarely is an issue with the Driver but mostly with the procedure followed to unistall previous drivers.

Solution is a bit complicated, but it works

Standby, I will try to retrieve the Post I made and i will update info here.

EDIT:

Here you go:

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7827

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

My man...

I know what I m talking about, especially after I spit blood on my desk and I spent 3 hours searching all the fr***ing internet to find a solution !

Glad it worked for u too. Save this info because it might happen again.

It looks like the culprit (it has not been proved tho) is DriverSweeper.

I used to use it but know I will not anymore.

When you have to update drivers, just follow the standard procedure. From control panel unistall any ATI component and that should be enugh.

Good luck :)

mine does it sometimes if i look directly at the sun. thought it was a feature of the game engine i.e. you look at the sun and then your vision needs a second or so to re adjust when you have looked away.

Batwing_I would record it but i don't have that program if you could recommend a FREE program that I could use that would be super. Panic_mine does that with the sun but it flickers a lot or goes completely black or washed out. I can play through it but it never was a problem for me before. I just recently reinstalled the game and updated my drivers and whamo blamo problems gotta love it though ;)

the most common program to get screenshots id FRAPS. just google it.

Is this the only game giving you flickering problems?

Going sorta dark on special light situations in Arma is OK, it supposed to do it, but never been flickering or annoying.

Specify what Video settings in Game you have. All of the info about it.

Bat do get any or had sun flickering problems? my screen goes real dark than brightens have you experienced this? Apparently ATI users get this in arma??

I get it SkeleTele. It only started happening to me when i up dated to the new 11.2 Catalyst drivers. For some reason it happens more in the jungle or high vegetation maps for me (Lingor).

I am just dealing with it at the moment and not had it happen once while in Fallujah.