Spartans Home

Total War: Shogun 2 Demo

MH6~SPARTA~

Like all Total War games, this one will most certainly be awesome.

...and incredibly buggy.

Empire: Total War refused to run on two of my computers until March 2010, some three months after my purchase, and about a year after the initial release. Still buggy as hell and crash-prone to this day.

I will probably wait for a few patches to be release first, if I purchase it at all.

...and incredibly buggy.

Empire: Total War refused to run on two of my computers until March 2010, some three months after my purchase, and about a year after the initial release. Still buggy as hell and crash-prone to this day.

I will probably wait for a few patches to be release first, if I purchase it at all.

Never had any problems with any Total War game.

Empire was only buggy until I updated my drivers, then I never had issues.

as a (grand)strategy game they are utter crap....every part of this game except for the 3d battles is a joke.....

I couldnt disagree more. And given that the Total War series has one of the most active modding communities out there (mods for every iteration of the game) its always possible to find player made improvements on the base game.

TWCenter.net

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

I couldnt disagree more. And given that the Total War series has one of the most active modding communities out there (mods for every iteration of the game) its always possible to find player made improvements on the base game.

TWCenter.net

Then you must not know much about grand strategy games,the AI in this gameseries is non-existent etcetc....oh i could go on and on bout the failures of Total War but its been discussed a zillion times all over the net....... this game is like MOH or COD compared to ARMA....its an arcade strategy game.

Ive had every Total War game and they were all a joke with stupid strategic features that didnt work or are just useless,no modding could ever patch that up.

The only reason why you would want to buy this is for the MP battles,wich are fun.

Lol I've got 5 Total War games and I've never played a single MP battle and from my experience every version has been badly buggy you have been sooooo lucky MH6. I will wait to get this cos I've not got the time to play the games I've got.

Then you must not know much about grand strategy games,the AI in this gameseries is non-existent etcetc....oh i could go on and on bout the failures of Total War but its been discussed a zillion times all over the net....... this game is like MOH or COD compared to ARMA....its an arcade strategy game.

Ive had every Total War game and they were all a joke with stupid strategic features that didnt work or are just useless,no modding could ever patch that up.

The only reason why you would want to buy this is for the MP battles,wich are fun.

Hmm I see, you make a blanket statement and throw assumption on top of it .... nice. First, the TW series isnt supposed to be Hearts of Iron or Europa Universalis or Civilization or whatever strategy game you have in mind. Second, there are quite a few mods that address strategic AI in Empire, MTW I&II, Napoleon. Third, to say that the strategic portion of the game out of the box is rubbish is not accurate and may give some folks who are unfamiliar with the game series the wrong impression.

Regarding folks who say the series has been buggy at launch, well I say show me a PC game that isnt (Creative Assembly is decent about addressing bugs, and again the mod community is great at addressing these issues). From my experience, at least in multiplayer, the "bugs" that people have in TW are almost always performance centered.

I love Total War. It's proven (to me at least) to be one of the best strategic war series I've ever played. The AI sucks as with most games, but on a battle-strategy focus it's awesome. I love the look of Shogun2, but I'm not a big fan of the culture/period and can't wait for them to go back to something like a Greece:Total War or Rome2.

TW:S2 is going to include a multiplayer clan functionality. I plan on joining a clan for teamplay multiplayer but Id prefer (if we have the numners) to create a clan from withing Sparta. Can I get a show of hands of people who 1. think they are likely to get TW:S2 and 2. would want to play in competitive multiplayer?

The demo is so damn fun. I prolonged it as much as I possibly could, took all the territories, demolished all the other clans.

Right after I took the final town the game ended.

shogunl.jpg

I also managed to get a couple ninjas up to max rank, which causes their appearance to change:

shogunninja.jpg

I can't wait to play the full game.

Are the Ninjas considered the assassians and spies in this round? Those visuals are pretty impressive!

Yep. Ninjas are the assassins/spies/saboteurs. Metsuke are like police/politicians, able apprehend enemy agents, bribe enemy armies/towns, and oversee cities/armies. Monks are like priests/imams in Medieval 2, able to convert populations to Buddhism, and to demoralize enemy armies with their words. And the visuals are great, and runs fairly well on my PC (and my graphics card is getting to be pretty old now)

Epic Bushido Death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ872cTYj44&feature=player_embedded

I managed to beat the Historical Battle on Hard. Was alot easier the second time around, because after playing the campaign I actually knew what units did what. An unforeseen event about 3/4s through the battle gave me quite a bit of casualties though. Before that I hadn't lost many men at all.

shogunbattlestat.jpg

There are already mods for TWS2! Over at TWCenter's Shogun 2 section there are mods that allow you to play any of the starting clans in the demo as well as other options.

TWCenter Shogun 2 demo mods

Ive not messed with them yet and probably wont, but as I said in earlier posts the TW mod community as super active ... hell, they are modding the demo!!!

Beat the campaign again using the Freeplay Mod (from Brer's post) as the Bessho clan.

shogunbessho.jpg

The mod unlocks the tech trees completely and allows you to build almost all buildings. It also allows you to create Geishas, cannons, etc. (And of course, lets you play as other factions)

Next I'm going to try playing as a harder faction, like Matsuda.