Spartans Home

WOW

Athlon64~SPARTA~

WOW, tried to reinstall @!$@ I mean 2142 just for gigles and went thru 2 hours of punishment and still never got to game to work after going to EA support webb sight and following support fix to make the game work and going into regestery and modding files, it still diden't work So I think its safe to say The EA cluster is active and is still deceptive as ever only stronger. You know its not worth that kind of headakes for this game. If any of you brave soles out there get to work let me know. And you guys want to buy more of this crap? I feel for you. I think i would rather shoot my hand with a nail gun then to try and get this game to work with the invalid game c/d problem trying to retreve a old game account, and a new account won't work eather.

EA games= Its not in the game, becouse you will never get to work ever again.

I think calling in a hot airstrike on there head quarters is in order!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

WOW, tried to reinstall @!$@ I mean 2142 just for gigles and went thru 2 hours of punishment and still never got to game to work after going to EA support webb sight and following support fix to make the game work and going into regestery and modding files, it still diden't work So I think its safe to say

** EDIT ** NEW INFO

There is a new patch being released 2/15/2011 that will remove DRM on the EXE, Add maps and include Northern Strike for free! Read all about it HERE.

2142 is the most finicky install in the history of installs. Typically the base game is installed and then patched and boom your good to go, but 2142 had a certain order in which the patches needed to be installed in order for the game to launch and run properly. This is compounded if you have the Northern Strike add on. This installation became such a pain in the arse for me that once I had the game installed and everything worked, I imaged the directory and burned it to DVD. From that day forward I would simply install, patch, apply the add-on and once the install was complete I would over write all the files on the hard drive with those from the DVD.

The installation sequence goes like this:

If you have the deluxe version you are already patched to 1.40 and skip step 4 below

First, if you have your game patched to 1.40, just install the 1.50 patch and it will work fine. If you have Northern Strike also, do the same because i expect you made the painfull process before (2142, 1.40, NS, 1.40 again).

If you are new to game and you install your copy of 2142, FIRST INSTALL 1.40 PATCH. Why? 1.50 patch is incremental patch to 1.40 and if you install it without 1.40, you will not get your 2142 working. So install 1.40 first and first after that you can install 1.50 patch.

If you aren´t new to 2142 but you bought Northern Strike just now, do it this way:

1. Uninstall 2142

2. Delete BF2142 folder from My Documents

3. Install 2142

4. Patch to 1.40

5. Install Northern Strike

6. Patch to 1.40 again

7. Finally, install 1.50

After this process, you will not have any further problems with errors like "Modified Content" or no servers on your list.

Now to PunkBuster.

It may happen that you get PB errors like "Losing packets" or simply "Punkbuster" but it´s a easy problem to solve. The easiest way is to download PBsetup from PB site (link on the end of this thread) and then this:

1. Run PBsetup

2. Add BF2142 to PB list

3. Click on "Check for updates"

4. Update process will begin and will be done in no time, after that you´re good to go.

If you are still having PB problems after this procedure, just ask here and we´ll help you out.

And i forgot, you can get PB errors in Vista for nothing and for this works right click on BF2142 icon, click on "Properties" and click on "Run as administrator". You will not get any PB errors in Vista.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Hajimoto

NO, your not good to go anywhere outher then the dumpster for this game. The problem I encountered with this piece of SH%T game is can't get logged in, did the send the pass word to me and got them, then it says c/d key invalid.

Went to EA support after looking thru the support pages for an hour, finely found a solution and did the fix in regestry, it sill diden't work. tryed to do the pacth thru the game and it sends me to the battlefeild 3 webb sight wicth has not a dam thing to do with 2142.

So tryed to find the pacthes on line, found the 1.40 pacth after looking tru 15 webb sights that you have to be a member of and join and send them all your money to download a free pacth, downloaded it and when i hitt run it minamised and vanished=gone.

NEED to Have the devolepers dragged out back of EA games and work them over with baseball batts for an hour for makeing such a cluster F#$k of a game in the first place. I might add, shoot them with a flamethrower, then put them out with a auto shotgun. Then quaddrouple refund our money back for the problems and after all of that frustration, I still think that they need to do more for me.Maybe burn the building down as well and it might make me feel better after all of that cluster.

I am not going to install the stupid game spy or what ever all that bullsh#T that comes with it.

So the To reduce any more hostilitys tword this most fantastic game is to uninstall it and its up for sale along with all my outher EA games as well. Problem fixed. LOL! It would be wise not to mention EA games to me in the future.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

NO, your not good to go anywhere outher then the dumpster for this game. The problem I encountered with this piece of SH%T game is can't get logged in, did the send the pass word to me and got them, then it says c/d key invalid.

I understand that you are angered over a failed copy protection scheme, but please note that as i said above the path 1.51 removes the DRM on the EXE so it would be worth a try to simply Install from the disk, Apply patch 1.40 then apply 1.51. Done.

I am not....repeat 'NOT' a fan boy of EA for producing this hunk of shizite scheme, but I am a fan of good fun once the game works works.

Lol.. I feel your pain Athlon...

I have 2142 and i played it years ago. I don t think is it even in the back of my mind to reinstall that game.

It was good 5 or more years ago. Today i find it obsolete. As a concept, as a graphic, as a game style.

My question here is still the same: In front of many games being one way or another clones of themselves, why don t you simply stick on one of it, possibly being the best in its class and forget all the others ?

Lol.. I feel your pain Athlon...

I have 2142 and i played it years ago. I don t think is it even in the back of my mind to reinstall that game.

It was good 5 or more years ago. Today i find it obsolete. As a concept, as a graphic, as a game style.

My question here is still the same: In front of many games being one way or another clones of themselves, why don t you simply stick on one of it, possibly being the best in its class and forget all the others ?

I would hardly say that BF 2142 was a clone of the other BF games. Yes, the game modes were similar but because of the futuristic aspect of the game it lead to titans and other types of maneuvers to get aboard the titans. The weapons were fairly different as well. Instead of using the same old m4 or ak like EVERY other FPS shooter has, they has to make up new weapons.

So the satisfying aspect of 2142 was that it stepped out of the 'same old same' from the other FPS games including the BF series.

Saying it is a clone is like slapping it in the face. It is more of an evolution than anything. I can imagine the devs, sitting around a meeting table and brainstorming, "What can we add to the game to make it more fun and interesting without compromising the basic components and re-playability?" and the stoner in the corner piped up with, "Spaceships?"

A few years later imagine the same thing and instead of 'spaceships' the stoner says, 'a special forces team who are a bunch of misfits and uncover a huge plot against the U.S.?... oh and we'll include unlockable content and later a Vietnam expansion as DLC."

Games are constantly evolving into what is going to sell more copies. Some publishers (not Ubi$oft) keep what works and build a game around it. Other keep starting from scratch and give no support for the games two months after release (Ubi$oft).

I really enjoyed BF2142, and the Titan mode in particular. In fact, after talking about the game with a couple of people, I put about 4 hours into the game this past Monday and Tuesday, and had a great time. There were only 25 servers that showed in the browser, but most of them had people playing, including a couple of fully-populated 64-player servers.

The graphics may be dated by today's standards, but the game still looked good to me. The only graphic-related issue that bothered me was the view distance, which is noticeably (even painfully) more restrictive than most modern shooters.

In my observation, i didn t mean 2142 being a clone, because instead it was probably a Pioneer game at that time.

Other coming after may have cloned interesting aspects of it.

What I meant is a 2142 approach today, besides a possible "old timer" feeling, i wouldn t really step back to it when I can have better games on today standards.

I do understand the point to look back at some very well done old games. Games i enjoyed deeply. I have the full collection of the Mechwarrior serie. From 1 til 4 with all the possible expansions. I was so much into that game. I thought to reinstall some and give it a shot again...

Then I just let it go.

I have great memories of those battles that I am probably afraid to ruin that if i try to play it now, understanding the program limits after the new generation games.

Those Great experiences are probably part of the past now. I guess i prefer to have a good memory the way it was better than try to play it again today and be disappointed.