Spartans Home

ACE 1.8 - Forget about flying

Batwing~SPARTA~

Well,

I am openminded and if someone can give advices, i m all ears, however my experience so far testing ACE 1.8 is.. just don t fly...

So far these are points I can t go over:

Cobra

no more internal radar. I didn t try the Gunner seat however pilot has not radar or RWR available. I have no idea how you are supposed to navigate, engage or avoid threats.

A10

no more internal radar. It has not radar or RWR available. I have no idea how you are supposed to navigate, engage or avoid threats.

Using Mavericks I can lock targets, but I have no idea if I am locking friends or foes. Using AIM 9s I was trying to lock a MI-24 and instead it locked a Tank on ground in line of sight "behind" the MI-24 !!!

How the hell is an anti air missile going to lock a tank? Ok, we are talking ACE here, is supposed to be the "realistic" version of a "game" right? So, A10 C has a radar. also AIM 9 can be fired radar slaved (not only IR mode, which would possibly justify a mislock). Also there is no way a radar lock air or ground targets at the same time. there are 2 different modes and they should be activated depending the weapon in use, so NO WAY I fire an AIM 9 to a tank.

Landing A10 was a nightmare. I had to abort 5 approches because it doesn t slow down, not even with throttle in idle, all flaps down and grears down. It bounced away from runway 5 times.

Finally I used the "autopilot" and it took 5 minutes with 6 misapproaches to the magic autopilot to bring the bird down.

Finally I tried another manual landing, this time I was able to slow it down and I stall it before landing. I crashed badly in a bunch of trees, but... it didn t even exploded !!!!!!!

So...

I am done with flying on ACE.

Maybe this version add some features for infantry (which are still not balanced with the AI uberpower anyway, IMO) but for sure forget about the air support.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~