Spartans Home

GAME PAD 4 ALL

NoScream~SPARTA~

When I went to buy a new game pad to play FPS tac sims. After a good amount of research, it was a toss up between the Cyber Snipa and the Ideazon Fang Game Pad. They both had the majority of the features I wanted, but also, both lacked the back lit keys I wanted and have come to use with my G15 Keyboard. This became a feature I could live with out, hopefully a company will produce a game pad with back lit keys soon.

The Cyber Snipa has some features that the Merc does not such as the non-slip hand rest, where as the Fang is just plastic which can get slick as that battle rages on and your palm gets a little sweaty. (It happens) (I did however overcome this slightly by adding some skateboard deck tape to the pad and giving it a good bit more traction.) The CS also has all of the keys on top and for some gamers with smaller hands this is a huge plus.

The Merc features two buttons on the side of the case for jump and anything else you configure to it. While this is not the best for everyone, especially those with smaller hands. I however have large hands and the Cyber Snipa just didn't feel right while in the store. The Merc lets your thumb fit kinda like a mouse, with it resting on the side. To me this was the deciding factor.

Also both of these game pads are for lefties and righties. Which is brilliant engineering.

The bottom of the Fang has two pop up legs, just like a keyboard givving you an option of hight. Also it has a flip out hanger so you can hang it out of the way it when not in use. The Fang also features a removable cord wrap underneath. This allows you to wrap up the cord along with the USB plug and store it for travel or just to get it off of your desk.

The Cyber Snipa also has a Version 2 out now, so check them both out. Sadly the Fang has yet to be updated.

All in all either game pad will give you an edge on FPS games no matter the title. Both are priced between $30.00 and $40.00 US but you can probably find much better deals online.

IPB Image

I swear by the N52. Iv used it for years and I like it over the others because of the D-Pad on it. It beats looking for the right weapon key when all I have to do is push, up, down, right, etc.......to change my weapon, or to just through a grenade. Here's what it looks like.

User posted image

Here's one by Saitek that looks pretty good. It has a small D-Pad on it......well, more like a hatch key.....keys are backlit on this one.

User posted image

I have been using a Thrustmaster Tactical board for years. Its has mutilple and i mean mutiple buttons that are fully programable and not to mention a movable thumb that can slide to adjust to your hand. I have rather large hands which makes this a lot more easy to use and enjoyable for FPS.

Review of the board..

http://www.lanparty.com/articles/tacticalboard/

Its been around for ages and I'm not even sure of Thrustmaster even makes them anymore. But I swear by it. Its takes a bit to get used to and setting up new games is always a challenge as far as what buttons i want where but when this one breaks its going to be very hard to replace with like a N50. There just is not enough buttons on that thing.

Edited by {CtC}+Doc+

I can see the nostromo working for me aswell. Just a quick flick of the thumb 2 change weapons and the big orange 1 for grenades, I often find my self throwing grenades instead of picking up ammo on crysis and killing myself lol. I had no problem on GRAW with my buttons as there were only a few but more recent games involve many more.

The other thing is when you have been playing a game for a while and you switch to another game it can be hard 2 get used 2 the new key combinations.

But good luck with the new pad Viii, hope you get yours aswell Cus.

Hey Viiiper I see you did like that one. I got one, but its up on the shelf right now. I like the fang my self. IM useing the Zboard right now. Now you need to get the raidence gameing mouse pad teflon coated for less friction and faster mouse movements.

IPB Image

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I have been using a Thrustmaster Tactical board for years. Its has mutilple and i mean mutiple buttons that are fully programable and not to mention a movable thumb that can slide to adjust to your hand. I have rather large hands which makes this a lot more easy to use and enjoyable for FPS.

Review of the board..

http://www.lanparty.com/articles/tacticalboard/

Its been around for ages and I'm not even sure of Thrustmaster even makes them anymore. But I swear by it. Its takes a bit to get used to and setting up new games is always a challenge as far as what buttons i want where but when this one breaks its going to be very hard to replace with like a N50. There just is not enough buttons on that thing.

The n52 actually has around 81 buttons do to the hatch keys, its all in how you map it. When I played BF2, I had it set up to when I got into a jet to fly, or a tank, all I had to do was hit a hatch key and all the buttons would change to another set so I could drive the thing, jump out, hit a hatch key and go back to running and shooting. The N52 is starting to get out dated though. Wish they would come out with a new one. I looked into the tacticalboard a while back and its next to impossible to find anymore. Guess I'll just keep using the N52 until I hear some more good reviews about the other Pads.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a N52 for about 2 years. I use it up stairs in my media room. But I get more use out of my G15 Keyboard. I just gave away a EZ board I bought for BF2 what a POS that was.

Its all about Preference.

Edited by MILAR~SPARTA~

Ergo-friendly contour of n52:

User posted image

Newer version with backlighted keys:

IPB Image

...On second thought why don't all you folks go out and grab one of these hot rods so we can level the playin' field just a bit:

IPB Image