Spartans Home

FC2 Multiplayer Servers problems

T_1

Although it may seem ports are open, that is a firewall issue for sure.

There are many possibilities and many layers you should check.

You may have a firewall with your Antivirus, you have a firewall in Windows and you have a firewall on your router. So if you think you have 2 or 3 layers of protection (maybe more) possibly overlapping and conflicting with each other.

When you say "ports open" what that means to you and on what programs? Are you talking about your Security firewall, windows one or Router one ??

Check all of these variables and then try again.

Ports Open = The port number 10308 on TCP/UDP which is what I found on 'tinternet as being the required ports for FC2. Both on Firewall and Router.

@Halli, it's a Direct Download, but thanks anyway :thumbsup_anim:

The only thing I found strange is when I create the server the ip is always my local one i.e. 192. etc but my external IP is different, should I be using LAN instead of Internet?

The IP you see on the server screen is fine, you will always see your internal IP and you have to use Internet and not LAN.

Info are missing here, like what router do you use and who is your internet provider. If you are using a Wireless connection kinda Hotspot or a standard FIOS, Cable or DSL connection.

Seldom Internet providers block ports to avoid server hosting on not commercial accounts. If that is your case, you cannot really figure it out without a call to the ISP tech support asking specifically that question.

Opening ports means execute a correct Port Forwarding, which also requires to set a Static Internal IP on your machine. If is not static, the Router may lease a different IP to your machine, while forwarding the port the the wrong internal IP, as result it will not work.

Here is a link for you to learn all the secrets about Port Forwarding and test on your own Router.

http://portforward.com/

Good luck

hi guys,

eventhough it was short (for me at least), enjoyed flying and thanks again T_1 for hosting.

fyi, of the total of 2 hours (at max) of flying lock-on, had my first landing (F-15, online .... needed 2 attempts though). oh right, and killed 2 helicopters as well (lucky, as I hadn't pulled the trigger before ... so had to "guess" my buttons)

~salute~