Spartans Home

Got to Visit Ft. Rucker This Week

Got to visit Ft. Rucker for a couple days this week. My best friend and battle-buddy completed his 2-yr journey to become a UH-60 Blackhawk pilot, and a couple of us went down to see him for graduation. I got to go out onto the flightline and get in a couple different versions of the chopper, including the latest M version, which pretty much flies itself. Sat in the seat while my buddy pretty much taught me as much as he could in the time we had about flying the thing. It truely is an awesome machine, and I got to do as much as I wanted with it short of turning the sucker on, lol.

Later on that night we went out to a pizza/bar thing where there were some cool stories of meeting Nightstalkers, almost crashing, ect, then hung out the rest of the night getting smashed and watching the trainees in other classes do their night-ops overhead. Somehow I ended up with a TH-67 "Operations Suppliment" manual and a huge hangover. The ceremony was short and sweet, with a Medal of Honor recipient present, which was cool because I've never seen one. All in all it was a great couple of days full of fun memories that always happen when I hang out with my battle buddies. Hopefully I'll get some pics up in a couple days. :graduated: