Spartans Home

TacDom - 13 Aug 2010

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Good jobs all around on the AOs guys. We were all able to move pretty quickly and finish the AOs in under an hour each it looks like, which is amazing compared to how long it takes us sometimes. We still need more people wanting to do the team leader and Mission commander spots. The game shuts down without those positions filled, and I'd rather shut the server down if nobody is available to do it. I'm also going to remove the 50cal sniper rifles because they add nothing to the game and only annoy me when it's fired like a semi-auto pistol. I kept many of the sniper rifles in thinking they would be used sparingly by only the scouts, but I was wrong.

Regardless, great AOs and great coordination. Was really impressed with Dai and Medic and Zeno. :winner_first:

P.S. Hope you guys liked the new AOs and didn't think they were too easy.

Well done all. Fine job on the AO and map Durka, as well as mission command for the night.

I know that Alpha Team worked very well together. JackSeven, Hoot, CaptRandom, Overseer, Zeno (orginally before switching to Delta), you guys did a tremendous job working together and completing objectives. Never did we have to restart an insertion because we all died which is a triumph all by itself. Also, Delta team for backing us up when needed.

So, well done all.

The AO at the Mines would have been epic with two full squads.

gallery_8_48_258110.jpg

Here's a basic rundown of how the mine AO went. It actually went perfectly with no setbacks or change of plans or anything, which is rare. Delta set up an OP on top of a naturally fortified hilltop to the NW of the AO. Alpha approached from the East up a spur to another hilltop on the Eastern side of the AO. Medics deployment of his squad was perfect, along the top of the mountain peak. As they were setting up for the initial assault, Delta's sniper was able to relay enemy info as they moved close. Some enemy even got to within grenade range, and were dispatched quickly with minimal loss.

The fight started off with arty being called on 25m to the west of Camp1. At that point, Alpha crested the hill and took out any infantry they could see. Delta was tasked with eliminating any hard targets like gun emplacements or vehicles. Alpha was almost overrun due to the overwhelming numbers of enemy advancing on their position, but held firm while an arty strike and their volume of fire thinned things out.

They were then able to move onto the came easily, and onto the 2nd objective, which was to take control of the mine compound. At this point, someone from Delta fired on friendlies. It took some time to get situated once they got inside the compound, but Alpha finally moved onto the radio tower, while enemy choppers dropped troops back on camp1. Delta and Alpha worked together to keep the camp from being retaken, then Alpha blew the tower and covered while Delta took Camp2.

Everybody then met back at the mine compound for cold ones and to get ready for the next mission, which went suprisingly quick.

Pros: Approaches were perfect, stealthy. Discipline was great and nobody pre-maturely fired to give away their position. Organization was quick and everybody got to their places with little fuss. The utilization of the terrain features to hide movement worked great. Alpha's holding back behind the crest until the action started created surprise that resulted in many kills. Falling back to that crest during counter-attack was useful as the terrain created a natural fortress. High ground always wins.

Cons: Organization at the mine compound was a little slow, hampered by random disconnects, which was no fault of anybodys.

Ugly: TK. Always always always take that half second to check your target before you shoot. If it helps, each squad brings a smoke canister to help mark their location for the other squads.

All-in-all, very enjoyable experience. :winner_first: