Spartans Home

Logitech G9 - HOT

NoScream~SPARTA~

Just ordered 2 of these puppies, why 2, well I have 2 sister machines and both are mirrors of each other. Will post an update on what they are like to live with inc. on the programmability.

Logitech G9

http://techgage.com/article/logitech_g9_laser_gaming_mouse/1

IPB Image

# Changeable Grips

# Incredible Scroll Wheel

# Braided USB cable

# Optional Weights

# On Board Memory

# 3 Year Warranty

+ Corded mouse

+ Two thumb buttons

+ Macros include mouse clicks

+ Software dedicated to the G9

+ Option after option in the software

review

http://www.modders-inc.com/reviews-story--166.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

Onboard memory allows up to five custom profiles for instant mouse setting recall. With onboard memory and an enhanced SetPoint configuration panel, the G9 mouse allows you to configure your mouse to your liking and then store those settings for when you take your game on the road.

IPB Image

System Requirements

o Windows® XP, Windows Vista?

o USB port

Technical Specifications

Tracking

o Resolution: 200?3200 dpi (user-selectable)

o Image processing: 6.4 megapixels/second

o Maximum acceleration: 20 G

o Maximum speed: 45?65 inches/second (depending on surface)

Responsiveness

o USB data format: 16 bits/axis

o USB report rate: Up to 1000 reports/second

o Sleep mode: Disabled

Glide

o Dynamic coefficient of friction (μk): .09**

o Static coefficient of friction (μs): .14**

o Tuning weight: Up to 28 grams = 0.987 670 935 ounce

Durability

o Mouse buttons (left/right): 8 million clicks

o Mouse feet: 250 kilometers = 155.342 798 059 mile

HARDCORE TESTING

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/logitech_g9

Logitech's G9 cannot be detected and configured under SetPoint 4.00. SetPoint Pro is to be used with the Logitech G9, in which offers a new interface and integrated new features such as firmware updates within the program. It's designed to support the new features of the Logitech G9, such as LED color configurations and button assignments to the mouse's onboard memory. The unique passthrough covers over Logitech G9's indicator LEDs allow users to select from a full spectrum of colors in SetPoint; but you are unlikely to be able to tell the difference between color variations of the same color such as, say, light blue and even lighter blue. This comes in handy as different LED colors can be configured for each profile, so you'll know which profile you are on based on the LED colors. Different sensitivity settings, LED colors, button assignments, macros, and report rate can all be saved to five independent profiles to the Logitech G9 onboard memory.

We've put the Logitech G9 through our series of standard tracking performance tests. This includes normal office usage as well as gaming within Counter-Strike: Source. Graphics work is done in addition to the regular office usage with Adobe Photoshop. The mousing surfaces used include the cloth based XTracPads Ripper XXL as well as the slick aluminum based SteelSeries SX.

I've definitely grown to appreciate the excellent build quality of the Logitech G9. Construction is done with precision and quality; all keys were solid and smooth as they are designed to be -- nothing loose or squeaky. With clean clicks, buttons implemented with appropriate feedback and expected resistance, even the new wheel is something we've grown to appreciate of the excellent metal construction. It's smooth in free spin mode as we've experienced with the Logitech VX Revolution and Logitech VX Nano; and click wheel mode is also distributed evenly between each gap with defined tactile responsiveness. Along with its large PTFE feet, glide over our mousepads as well as different surfaces prove it to be smooth and capable without any problems.

P.s. thanks for the recommendation Medic

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...p?showtopic=320

• 2 weeks later...

Ok as promised, I've had this mouse for a week, not long but already I love how this mouse works and feels, and it looks good too.

reviwed at extremetech

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2177894,00.asp

This mose does all it can as a mouse and then a whole lot more, with macro commands available to all buttons and dpi speed changes via manual button selection or via automatic program detection.

To start with it's shape can be changed to one of three styles to suit different hands and styles.

Basically 2 click on shells and the base shell, which is my personal favorite.

User posted image

The mouse came with no pre weights installed, I stuck in 14g (2x7g) and it gave me the feel I liked. Then I setup the DPI speed and made the default desktop speed 800DPI and COD4 1200 DPI with auto switch over as soon as the mouse pointer is on the COD4 screen.

This mouse uses a program to set it up which is called SetPoint Pro, not available to any other Logitech mouse. The software is good, all settings are stored in the mouse inc. macros and the program does not need to be loaded after that, unless you want to define new macros or make modifications to the onboard memory.

The leds show which profile or speed is set, they can change colour and the number lite.

IPB Image

There are over 200 colours available in the advance menu

User posted image

Performance is awesome in the mouse world, working on hard and

soft surfaces from black to white and on my lap too (lap dancing mouse).

RECOMMENDED *****

Viiiper...I have this mouse also and i agree it is a very nice mouse...only thing I can say bad about it is would be that it is a little shorter than my old logitech mx 1000 so I dont get great palm supports....after a while my hand will start to ache, do you have this prob?

But this is a great mouse with a nice program provided with it.

Viiiper...I have this mouse also and i agree it is a very nice mouse...only thing I can say bad about it is would be that it is a little shorter than my old logitech mx 1000 so I dont get great palm supports....after a while my hand will start to ache, do you have this prob?

I have to admit, the mouse comes with it's std shell and 2 other styles which fasten on. I found the std format worked best for me, the 2 alternate shells felt too big for me, I messured it next to my old MX700 and it's the same length, so it's bad luck you find it not as comfortable in the hand.

I love the setup the feedback of profile settings via LED, the colours ID the setup, I have Blue windows desktop, Green for COD4, Red for GTR2, light blue for Adobe photoshop and orange for CRYSIS.

The speed is auto switching which is a big plus.

The tilt mouse wheel is a great added function.

I use the 3M gel type mouse pads for both of my meeces (mX518/G9) and guarantee I wouldn't use them if they weren't very comfortable.

Give 'em a try .......(as always search for best price)

3M Mouse Pads

I had just read Viiper's review of the G9 before I went into the local PC shop. The mX518 has now been relegated to the back up machine!!

Great mouse (better with the 3M pad)

Peace,

X-Wind

Edited by X-Wind~SPARTA~

I have played with my G9, and like you my current mouse is a MX 1000 Laser mouse. I didnt find that the G9 was too small or anything. Of course I havent played with it oo much. I had to srtike a deal with the wife so I could get it. She bought it for me for Christmas but only if I let her wrap it and wait to open it on Christmas.

I have had my MX 1000 since they came out and the battery isnt lasting nearly as long as it used to. Maybe only a few days at best where as it used to last for a couple weeks without needing charge. I am looking forward to having a USB mouse again. When my MX 1000 would die I would have to switch to the only other mouse I have, which is a DELL POS optical that wont work without a mouse pad. BS.

I normally use my desktop as my mouse surface.

Well anyways, I am really looking forward to playing CoD4 with my G9.

Also, I found it weird but very forward thinking that the G9 did not come with a software cd. It does however come with a link to the DL page at Logitech.com for the latest version. I like this idea because anyone who buys this mouse will have the latest version as the updates progress. Good thinking.