Spartans Home

Microphone

Alright, I'm fed up with this crap. I need to fix my mic so I don't give feedback and also so people will be able to hear me when I speak into this "noise reduction" mic. I'm using a logitec headset. I have a motherboard soundcard thingy and Intel Audio Studio. My headset is plugged into the rear of the computer, and will not work if plugged into the front.

My mic is allways pissing me off. At the mo I have a desktop sat logitech which if i set so voice activation works you can hear me type bugger. My Medusa headphones are great but the boom mic on that gave up and I haven't found anything that will clip on or fit around the medusa's yet sounds like you need something similar. I don't know if a separate soundcard would improve the mic quality but it might be worth a try.

Feedback with a headset?

You don't have speakers turned up also by any chance?

Receive audio is coupling into the mic if it's squealing so maybe it's just a level adjustment.

Wish I could help but the only time I get feedback is when my speakers are turned up at the same time the mic is active.

Hopefully someone can sort this out for ya.

Good luck man I know it's frustrating.

Cheers,

Well, I guess it's not the traditional "feedback" but more like echoing. I can have my speakers off and only using headphones, yet when I press my push to talk, the game sounds are coming through as well. That's the most frustraiting thing, that and not being able to use the ~ button for push to talk anymore in COD:(

It seems like I've fixed the low volume problem I was having, but now I'm getting game sounds in the mic which shouldn't be there.

I'll take a wild guess and say that the isolation in your headset between the speaker side and the mic is not effective enough to allow the amount of gain you have set on your mic with the sound level you prefer.

IF that's what's happening you will probably have to reduce the mic level and maybe run with it closer to your mouth.

If the coupling is going on outside of the headset your headphone cups may be leaking so make sure you have the best possible seal around your ears possible with those phones.

If it's going on inside the headset (or on mobo) then adjusting the mic level down and/or your sound level down will be about all you can do.

1) Verify seal around ears is optimal

2) Reduce your sound level

3) Reduce mic level

Good Luck,

X-Wind

Make sure you check what Halli is referring to as that will act as a sub channel on a mixer and throw your receive audio right back out the mic side.....that's probably exactly what it is.

Edited by X-Wind~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...