Spartans Home

Custom Faces

Raven_2012

Hey guys, how do I put custom face on my character, so that they run in the regular server and the ace server? I've downloaded from armaholic the 642 faces unlocked before and used the camofaces, but now it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way I can get camo faces on my character or custom faces?

Hey guys, how do I put custom face on my character, so that they run in the regular server and the ace server? I've downloaded from armaholic the 642 faces unlocked before and used the camofaces, but now it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way I can get camo faces on my character or custom faces?

I know if you put shades on/baraclava thing on, your custom faces go away for the moment. But they should work no matter what server you go on. I put 1 face paint pic in the documents/arma2/profile part... I think. Im not at home so i dont know exactly.

rename the jpeg's to "face.jpg" and place in your characters profile folder as EMT pointed out....also this directory might be "documents\ArmA 2 other profiles" (for Win 7 / Vista c:\users\<windows account name>\My Documents; for Win xp C:\docs&settings\<windows account name>\My Documents), but you can only use one at a time.

Also keep in mind that those that have ati cards opposed to nvidia see the custom face with a bit of a white tone to them. So if you notice your face Camo is a bit "washed out and white" this is why. I used to use a custom face, not so much anymore since some servers have constraints to how large of custom files and may not allow custom faces as it makes everyone download the file. Same thing goes for custom emotes, clan tags etc.....so if your total exceeds that which the server threshold allows you may have troubles connecting, but you get a message that will indicate such. Sparta's servers I believe don't have these constraints active.

I found this on the internet and got what I needed, it unlocked the camo faces without adding an add-on file: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75231

All you have to do is edit your Arma II profile in XP, located here : C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles

Thanks for help guys, when I get around to making my own faces I will do what you guys suggested.

• 3 weeks later...

rename the jpeg's to "face.jpg" and place in your characters profile folder as EMT pointed out....also this directory might be "documents\ArmA 2 other profiles" (for Win 7 / Vista c:\users\<windows account name>\My Documents; for Win xp C:\docs&settings\<windows account name>\My Documents), but you can only use one at a time.

Also keep in mind that those that have ati cards opposed to nvidia see the custom face with a bit of a white tone to them. So if you notice your face Camo is a bit "washed out and white" this is why. I used to use a custom face, not so much anymore since some servers have constraints to how large of custom files and may not allow custom faces as it makes everyone download the file. Same thing goes for custom emotes, clan tags etc.....so if your total exceeds that which the server threshold allows you may have troubles connecting, but you get a message that will indicate such. Sparta's servers I believe don't have these constraints active.

I've been adding custom faces and some don't look like the jpeg. I do notice black is washed out a lot. I have an Nvidia card.

I use one that has a white skull mouth with a black background, it looks fine when I view it in the Arma menu under my profile, but when I play the game and get revived, I can see my face without the black background. All I see is the white skull mouth with a normal face background. Is this pretty normal?

I've been adding custom faces and some don't look like the jpeg. I do notice black is washed out a lot. I have an Nvidia card.

I use one that has a white skull mouth with a black background, it looks fine when I view it in the Arma menu under my profile, but when I play the game and get revived, I can see my face without the black background. All I see is the white skull mouth with a normal face background. Is this pretty normal?

Yes when playing dark color on the face is a bit washed out ,i just redone the dark parts,and it looks better.

I have my custom face setup from Arma II but it doesn't show in OA, any suggestions?

Sorted, for what ever reason my profile kept defaulting to the "default face". Don't know what I've done differently but have been in and out of various servers a few times and my custom face now stays put! :banana_dance:

Edited by BPR_Watchman