Spartans Home

Optimus Tactus Touch Keyboard (concept)

Remember Startrek Voyager etc, where the keyboard is a function of the application?

Where the keyboard in effect changes to the application, navigation, tactical etc etc.....

The Russian company 'Optimus' brought the first O.L.E.D. keyboard out...

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

Optimus Maximus

So they have moved on .......

Optimus Tactus Touch Keyboard

their new concept.

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-tactus/

Holy shoot, the girl said $1800 !!!

And then, going on that other site showing the "tactus", if you look at the shipping price for the "maximus" is ...

$2400 !!!!

Hheheahhe com'on !! how in the hell a company can seriously produce something like this??

I mean, I also have great ideas, but the reason why they do not exist is because they are freking expensive to just try to realize them ! .... Now, i do understand "concept cars" because somewhat they are not for the market (again they would be too much expensive to justify any production) and because at least they are evolving something quite important for the human beings... transportation...

This is a frekking keyboard !! lolol

i do admit i liked the idea within the very 20 seconds of that video, i was almost approaching the idea for one, thinking on 150 bucks or similar.. but 2 grands for that !!!??

I can t stop laughing !! Help !!!

This keyboard has been around for several years now. This is a link to an interesting article relating to the whole thing. Considering the article was written a couple years ago now and haven't heard about Apple making a fuss about the Optimus... could be interesting to see how far Apple lets them go with it before making a fuss.

Apple's OLED keyboard patent; Optimus Maximus watch out!

- JHunter