Spartans Home

Less than lethal???

MedicSN6

Now this is non-lethal....apparently!

IPB Image

The TASER Shockwave is a fully modular system that effectively bunches six TASER X26 stun guns together to cover a 20-degree arc with 25-foot cartridges.

All six charges can be fired simultaneously via the Control Box to deliver a five-second TASER Neuro Muscular Incapacitation (NMI) effect ? that?s the thing that temporarily overrides the command and control systems of the body to send targets shuddering to the ground.

Designed to instantly incapacitate multiple personnel in violent crowd and riot situations the modularity of the system allows multiple Shockwave units to be stacked together vertically to allow for multiple salvos over a reduced area, or horizontally to cover a larger area. Area coverage can also be increased by daisy chaining the units together. When multiple units are deployed together an intelligent networking system gives each Shockwave unit the ability to know where its position lies within an array of multiple systems.

To minimize the risk to the user the TASER Shockwave system can be activated with a push of the button on the Control Box, which can be located at a safe stand-off distance of up to 100 meters. One Control Box can control up to 12 Shockwave units and is also responsible for the keeping the lithium battery packs contained in each Shockwave unit charged in a constant state of readiness.

The Shockwave can deliver an additional five-second shock to ensure those targets that are already down, stay down. The unit can also be mounted to a vehicle.

The TASER Shockwave is available in single, triple and six unit kits.

Controversial - yes. Scary - yes. But if the alternative is rubber (or real) bullets...

The Shockwave can deliver an additional five-second shock to ensure those targets that are already down, stay down. The unit can also be mounted to a vehicle.

The TASER Shockwave is available in single, triple and six unit kits.

Controversial - yes. Scary - yes. But if the alternative is rubber (or real) bullets...

Awesome? Hell yes.

But yeah, there's a reason rubber bullets are classified as less-lethal munitions and not non-lethal. Looks kinda-like that guy was hit with 12 gauge rubber slugs. I don't even want to think about how much that must have hurt.

Edited by OrcFace_McStompYou

Awesome? Hell yes.

But yeah, there's a reason rubber bullets are classified as less-lethal munitions and not non-lethal. Looks kinda-like that guy was hit with 12 gauge rubber slugs. I don't even want to think about how much that must have hurt.

It hurt just enough to subdue him and make him give up his fight, but also enough for him to claim that he has mental scarring and psychological trauma enough that some lawyer (no offense Cy ;) ) will sue the officer and police department that shot him. Keep in mind, he is shot in the back, so he could claim that he was just trying to get away and this type of force wasn't necessary.

I love our law system. The bad guys have more rights than the innocent or law enforcement ever will.

It hurt just enough to subdue him and make him give up his fight, but also enough for him to claim that he has mental scarring and psychological trauma enough that some lawyer (no offense Cy ;) ) will sue the officer and police department that shot him. Keep in mind, he is shot in the back, so he could claim that he was just trying to get away and this type of force wasn't necessary.

I love our law system. The bad guys have more rights than the innocent or law enforcement ever will.

Sucks, doesn't it. The fact that the guys has multiple hits on him implies that it didn't hurt enough to make him give up, at least the first 10 didn't. Relying on pain to stop an attack is always a bad idea, you never know if they guy's hopped up on PCP or good old fashion adrenalin. That's why when cops use less-lethal rounds they have a partner with the real stuff backing them up in case the rubber doesn't work. I cringe everytime I hear a civilian saying they want to use rubber bullets in a home-defense scenario for whatever reason. But now I'm rambling.

The guy might have a solid complaint since it is likely that cops shot him once, he gave up the fight and as they approached him they shot him multiple more times as he flopped around on the ground screaming in pain.

Just a guess, but I have seen that happen many times (not that exact thing, but things similar enough).