Spartans Home

Respawn Entertainment + EA

NoScream~SPARTA~

Ousted 'Call of Duty' Creators Ready New Studio for Battle

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/69765.html?wlc=1271296349

The cocreators of the blockbuster "Call of Duty" series are back in the game.

Jason West and Vince Zampella, who formed Infinity Ward in 2002, are launching a new development studio, Respawn Entertainment, and the duo signed an exclusive publishing agreement with Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS), which will distribute the new studio's games around the world.

Respawn will retain the intellectual property rights to all of the games.

The move follows a nasty breakup with rival Activision last month. After Activision fired the pair, West and Zampella then sued Activision, seeking US$36 million in royalty payments. Activision, which acquired Infinity Ward in 2003, countersued, claiming the two negotiated with rivals while under contract.

A new FPS Studio.....

Doesn't mean they won't create it for consoles then release a shitty PC port.

In 5 years time every game still being made will have a console version or that company will be in the fail bin. It's part of the real world business model of making money and just what will happen. Nothing wrong with consoles and if the devs get it right then PC versions of the same product will play as good as they ever did.

Simple business, company making games for the PC only will die..... Q.E.D. 5 years max 2015.

Take any big company today or any company making innovative strides in development & products (games market) they are all making console versions, why? because it makes loads of money..... My favourite company for this is CRYTEK, not only developers of a major game engine but developers of cross platform game software PC/ X360 & PS3 and they make loads of money, they have loads of publicity & always moving forward.....

Without looking I bet the top 20 game developing companies in the world are all making console/ cross platform.

Time for dinosaurs to wake up or die out....... I also believe the last big company Eagle Dynamics (ED) will do the same.

In 5 years time every game still being made will have a console version or that company will be in the fail bin. It's part of the real world business model of making money and just what will happen. Nothing wrong with consoles and if the devs get it right then PC versions of the same product will play as good as they ever did.

Simple business, company making games for the PC only will die..... Q.E.D. 5 years max 2015.

Take any big company today or any company making innovative strides in development & products (games market) they are all making console versions, why? because it makes loads of money..... My favourite company for this is CRYTEK, not only developers of a major game engine but developers of cross platform game software PC/ X360 & PS3 and they make loads of money, they have loads of publicity & always moving forward.....

Without looking I bet the top 20 game developing companies in the world are all making console/ cross platform.

Time for dinosaurs to wake up or die out....... I also believe the last big company Eagle Dynamics (ED) will do the same.

I'm not saying console ports are bad, I'm merely saying porting from console to PC instead of PC to console is a monumentally stupid idea, as history has already proven.