Spartans Home

Connection Problems

Rocky

I keep getting Connection the the server has been lost errors - but this is when I am trying to connect for the first time, not during a game. Crucially this only happens with filtered servers i.e.

1. if I search for B:P:R and it comes up as the only result, I click on it, and nothing happens , then that error.

2. if I try to join any of you guys via your link in my friends list, same thing.

However, any server I choose at random from the full server listing I can join right away! Problem is, BPR and Sparta servers never seem to show up.

I guess I should try with the router disconnected next.

I keep getting Connection the the server has been lost errors - but this is when I am trying to connect for the first time, not during a game. Crucially this only happens with filtered servers i.e.

1. if I search for B:P:R and it comes up as the only result, I click on it, and nothing happens , then that error.

2. if I try to join any of you guys via your link in my friends list, same thing.

However, any server I choose at random from the full server listing I can join right away! Problem is, BPR and Sparta servers never seem to show up.

I guess I should try with the router disconnected next.

Damn, he's onto us lads....... :lol:

Here is a good place to start at sorting your router problems out mate...

all you need to know is what model your router is and pick it from this list here... http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...routerindex.htm

And after that go through the list for battlefield bad company 2 and click that....then follow the instructions and it will tell you exactly how to open the required ports... (i hope)

Good luck.

sorry, I know nothing about your router issue, but in general commercial routers like Linksys, Asus, D-Link etc by default do not block the game ports.

BFBC2 should work fine without a manual port forwarding.

Double check any other security program you have on you computer instead. Most of the time the so called "Security Suite", see norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Zone Alarm etc. are a pain in the butt when it comes to authorize programs to access the Internet.

Also some Antivirus have sort of internet security. Plus Wiindows ask to authorize the internal Firewall for any program try to communicate.

As you can see there are many layers before your communication hit the router.

Before starting messing with the router, be sure you check for these layers first. My suggestion is to disable any security program you have, one at the time, and test your connection.

At the moment you see you cann connect, you found the program responsible for the lock down, then work on thhat program to set the authorization related to BFBC2

Not sure this suggestion mayy help because I have no idea about your issue, good luck :)