Spartans Home

Arma2/ACE/Teamspeak3 radio-use

Ebden~SPARTA~

Not really sure what exactly it does? Gives 3d sound?

It does that, same as 'direct communication' in game, perhaps improved a smidge. In addition, it applies a long- and short-range radio feature. These would replace in use the channel switching of ARMA2 radio. The shortrange is on each person, but will fade after several hundred meters. The longrange is then the only other option, which is usable only at equipped vehicles or by someone carrying an ACE2 radio. Also, the radios work by Mhz, so you need to know your group's radio channel to communicate. I'm not sure how it all works, but the reviews are good.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopi...f=40&t=3508

------------- What would be great :

If you know how to add some DLL in the Arma process (like Kegety's did in Armalib for Arma AA) just do it !

The goal is obviously to use a clean pipe instead of windows clipboard...

Kind of tempted to give him the code that allows him to do this.

yea, would be cool/awesome (I know I said this already)

on a side note I found a mod for Blackshark that does what this does (links TS chan's to VH2 freq and you can use the dials to change channels)

i know it sounds cool but also is kind of a gimmick really.

we already have perfect comms in TS3 so why reinvent the wheel.

please don't misunderstand bcoz i love modders and the things they produce.

I disagree :P calling it a gimmick, implementing the 3D of TS3 ingame I find fascinating. I'm sure years ago I heard Ventrillo fans saying they had this can't remember the game tho.

I agree Custard, this does not appear to be a gimick.

In fact what it is trying to do is mimic a real radio system.

Being a qualified Signaller when I was in the TA more years ago than I care to mension, I can certainly say that the army radios then did not sound or work like TS, the fact that you can change frequency etc on the radio is exactly the same kind of realism as having range cards on the sniper rifles. This mod definately has a place in making the game more life like, I'd go as far as saying that TS out side the game (although very useful indeed) is the stop gap due to games not having this built in, bearing in mind, that in general units, not every soldier on the battlefield has comms with everyone else, generally there would only be a signaller detailed to the commander. To that point TS is very unrealistic.

Good morning.

I tested the Addon yesterday evening with Sill, Pi and Wolf.

It works like a charm and it is awesome.

I think it makes the conversations much more easier than on TS (without the addon).

This mod makes the poeple working even more together as you have to be close to your team mates to hear what they are saying as in real life. You cannot hear me if you are 100 m far away from me while everyone is shooting at everyone.(Or really weakly).

So in that case you have to use your Short range radio that every solidiers carry on him. Of course you have to be on the same frequencies. You can change it easily on the radio.

And if you happen to be separeted of few kilometers and that your short range radio is not powerfull enough, you can use the long range radio accessible in every vehicules or if you are carrying the big bag radio from Ace.

Ho and yes I forgot, when somone is speaking by voice without any radio close to you. You can guess direclty if he is on you right or behind you thanks to the 3D system of TS3.

It is really helpfull for the awarness of the situation.

So in conclusion what i liked :

- 3D sound, i know where you are, I m not going to TK you .

- (Very) Much more awesome teamwork playing.

- Less mess on TS. I can speak only to the poeple close to me so i don't bother the poeple in the other side of the city who don't give a shit about what I'm speaking.

- It is more realistic.

GoupilGoupil

i dint realize the power of this actually - i definitely stand corrected. this is worth looking into further for sure.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~