Spartans Home

ACE2 Rumormill

Ebden~SPARTA~

Word on the beat is that ACE2 is nearing a 1.0 release. I heard it from an EU tester and scripter in the Kelly's Heroes TS3 over the weekend.

:gun:

Edit:

It's for Real! Just checked dev-heaven, 10 days estimated to 1.0 release. That's Feb 19, Friday. The last bits they need to work on, as of this edit, are:

• Bug #8943: HALO Jump not working proprly.
  • Damage system enhancements
  • Replace M1A2 TUSK with M1A1 HC TUSK
  • New explosion effect for medium caliber and tank shells
  • Cobra/viper LOBL improvement
  • Wounding leads to huge amounts of dropped ammo/items sometimes
  • AH-1W - Hellfire Feedback
  • Update Soldiers with rucks where due
  • Replace Vanilla Cobra with ACE2 variant

Following this release, a 1.1 is expected several months later. More information here.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~

I've been playing the last few releases of ace2 and it looks...amazing...

seriously all you Sim junkies should be doing a jig right now. I think the last time I played it we ended up fast roping on top of a tower from a little bird and taking out the engine of an UAZ that was attempting to flank our troops with an m109.

If you haven't had a chance to get some time with ace2, i highly recommend it.

I'm looking forward to this after having heard so much about the original ACE mod fro ArmA. Would we be upgrading the main US Dom server for this? Even more important for me, can it be used for the single-player campaign, or would I not want to try that?

Either way, sounds like fun!

We've been playing the ACE Beta over on our Clan server for a moth or two now. It has potentual but also plenty of heart burns. Obsticals not neccissarly problems, to over come like Stamnia and load outs. But Yes Fast Roaping was fun but in the versions we've been playing it seems to have been pulled. But then I have not checkec this latley to see if it's back.

Some problems still being addresserd, if your an Air Jocky is the Hellfires not getting a lock on. And only Pilots have an advantage when flying and pulling Geeezzz.

We ran an ace server for one week, but that was the end of my patience for it.

Now that ACE is coming out of beta we will certainly run a stock (as modified by Kal) Dom server and an ACE Dom (also modified by Kal) server.

The missions server will go over to ACE as well.

That is of course if ACE guys ever finish tinkering.