Spartans Home

1.05 Released

BuzzDog

too much Ngg eog

:rolleyes:

lol Stang you're firing on a busted cylinder today, huh? :lol: I did the same thing, then came here to read that post. No worries, I'm sure the patched server will be up soon.

Honestly, I am LOVING the new campaign, and I'm only on the second level. Just a note, when the enemy air patrol is incoming, just land and spool down your engines. Once HQ says it's clear, take off again.

Anyone else disappointed with the AH-64D? Seemed great at first, it's nice to fly, but upon trying out the gunner position I realized:

It's an AH-1Z Cobra, albeit with a new model (which looks amazing) and flight characteristics.

No, it's worse. The main cannon has more ammunition, but is also inaccurate and has a low rate of fire, yet the damage radius remains the same. Trying to hit a line of infantry at 1500m was pointless in the AH-64D, but in the AH-1Z I had no trouble whatsoever. So essentially the AH-64D is a slower, less maneuverable, less accurate version of the Cobra. It can take a bit more MG fire than the Cobra though I believe.

I just pray the Apache in Operation Arrowhead will be worked on a bit more.

Anyone else disappointed with the AH-64D? Seemed great at first, it's nice to fly, but upon trying out the gunner position I realized:

It's an AH-1Z Cobra, albeit with a new model (which looks amazing) and flight characteristics.

No, it's worse. The main cannon has more ammunition, but is also inaccurate and has a low rate of fire, yet the damage radius remains the same. Trying to hit a line of infantry at 1500m was pointless in the AH-64D, but in the AH-1Z I had no trouble whatsoever. So essentially the AH-64D is a slower, less maneuverable, less accurate version of the Cobra. It can take a bit more MG fire than the Cobra though I believe.

I just pray the Apache in Operation Arrowhead will be worked on a bit more.

You kids aren't happy with anything, are ya? :) You're just partial to Marine equipment. Just think of this as the AH-64 A&B models. I'm betting BIS will take the feedback on the chopper and apply it to OA. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Apache's main gun actually has a lower rate of fire than what is shown in the game.

You kids aren't happy with anything, are ya? :) You're just partial to Marine equipment. Just think of this as the AH-64 A&B models. I'm betting BIS will take the feedback on the chopper and apply it to OA. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Apache's main gun actually has a lower rate of fire than what is shown in the game.

I'm partial to Army equipment, which is why I was looking forward to the Apache. And I realize the real Apache has a low rate of fire, but it can also reliably hit a target a long distance away with damn near pinpoint accuracy. The inaccuracy may be a bug though, as it started out somewhat accurate but eventually started shooting all over the damn place. I've seen similar issues with the AH-6's miniguns.

Does anyone know what this "DRM free for those with legitimate installs" is?

This probably means they won't turn you into a bird if you have a valid install-key.

I work again tomorrow, but when I get home any of us quick to the punch on installing the patch (like me, Stang, & D^2), we can still try in any coop home-hosted missions until the servers are running the update.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~

My only gripe about that Apache is the lack of Sidewinders. No, not the CAP variant they give you for Eagle Wing, the standard variant you can use in the Armory. Pretty much the same as the Cobra: Cannon, Hydra's, and Hellfire's, but no freaking AIM-9s! How are we supposed to defend ourselves from aircraft and other gunships?!

Other than that, I love the Apache. It's always been a beautiful machine in my eyes, but sitting in the cockpit just after dark with the panels a-glow just makes it even better.

Also, I LOVE the new HUD for the A-10 and AV-8B, it's 1000% better! I honestly have NO idea why they didn't even add a basic HUD on the F-35.

Grass, oh the wonderful grass. Gotta love low-crawling around enemies in first-person, sneaking around and lighting them up close range.

This probably means they won't turn you into a bird if you have a valid install-key.

I work again tomorrow, but when I get home any of us quick to the punch on installing the patch (like me, Stang, & D^2), we can still try in any coop home-hosted missions until the servers are running the update.

Just to be clear there is a 1.05 server running

My only gripe about that Apache is the lack of Sidewinders. No, not the CAP variant they give you for Eagle Wing, the standard variant you can use in the Armory. Pretty much the same as the Cobra: Cannon, Hydra's, and Hellfire's, but no freaking AIM-9s! How are we supposed to defend ourselves from aircraft and other gunships?!

Grass, oh the wonderful grass. Gotta love low-crawling around enemies in first-person, sneaking around and lighting them up close range.

Answer for question 1....

They gave you that big gun on the nose us it:P

As for grass.

Does that work, i never seem to get lucky with grass and die, so i just keep it off, makes killing easier.

i never seem to get lucky with grass and die, so i just keep it off, makes killing easier.

Right, that's why they fixed it. You could keep it off, which lets you see them and they see you, but using grass for concealment adds to the immersion (when you can't see them, either)

As for grass.

Does that work, i never seem to get lucky with grass and die, so i just keep it off, makes killing easier.

Tested it out yesterday on a side mission. It works beautifully. We had enemy about 150-200m that would pop up and shoot at us, then get down and dissapear into the grass. Sometimes I would only see a helmet, and would fire in that general direction until I saw blood squirt up.

Tested it out yesterday on a side mission. It works beautifully. We had enemy about 150-200m that would pop up and shoot at us, then get down and dissapear into the grass. Sometimes I would only see a helmet, and would fire in that general direction until I saw blood squirt up.

How does this play with draw distances? In the EW missions, I think I understand why some prone characters looked like they were stuck in mud. When the grass goes undrawn at distances, but you still see opfor, then any part of them otherwise concealed by grass is simply invisible. Hmm, so viewing a distant batallion in a field would show their legs lopped off at the ankle?

That, or the EW characters were simply glitched.

How does this play with draw distances? In the EW missions, I think I understand why some prone characters looked like they were stuck in mud. When the grass goes undrawn at distances, but you still see opfor, then any part of them otherwise concealed by grass is simply invisible. Hmm, so viewing a distant batallion in a field would show their legs lopped off at the ankle?

That, or the EW characters were simply glitched.

if they're standing up, you'll only see ankle/knee and up. If they're laying down, depending on the height of the grass at their location or whatever, you'll see whatever is above the grass. Everything else will disappear into the "grass"

if they're standing up, you'll only see ankle/knee and up. If they're laying down, depending on the height of the grass at their location or whatever, you'll see whatever is above the grass. Everything else will disappear into the "grass"

I worry that that is how the AI sees us, being mostly covered by grass makes us almost invisible, being half buried in the dirt makes us stand out like sore thumbs.