Spartans Home

EVGA X58 3 sli

SkeleTele~SPARTA~

"EVGA equips the X58 SLI motherboard with three PCI Express graphics slots, providing support for CrossFireX as well as 2-Way and 3-Way SLI."

Yes I found some info on this. Evga likes to keep hush hush about X fire because they get kick backs from nvidia

I just bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8-039-_-Product should be back on the arma servers real soon also bought the OCZ dominator ram 6gigs :rolleyes:

Nice MB, nice design.

About this:

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8)

That means sofar you are using 2 cards it will use the full PCI express 2.0 which allows full datas on 16 lanes. If you will decide to add a third card, the third one will use only an 8 lanes data transfer. Honestly I do not think is a big of an issue when u have 3 powerful cards linked together, but however it's just to let you know that limit.

About overclocking, you may enjoy overclocking right away, just be careful about temperatures. Succesful overclocking is a mix between CPU capabilities, MB capabilities and very good airflow in your case. Also you may consider a third-party CPU fan/heatsink if you want to push your results.

If you are planning to overclockan I7, rememebr that processor is pretty hot on basis, so you may need a better fan/heatsink other than the stock one.

Have fun and overclock "responsibly" :)