Spartans Home

Whoa Bad company 2 looks good

EMT~SPARTA~

Gameplay looks great... AND! finally a game that looks like dedicated servers are going to be there. No disappointing let downs... May not be tactical but hell, look at it!

http://www.destructoid.com/the-rush-that-i...er-151930.phtml

amazing

btw... hummer at the end... first thought... battlefield online gameplay.... never will change.. cracked me up

Edited by EMT

Damn that does look good. They certainly "borrowed" some elements from CoD. I just hope the game is more like BF2 and less like Battlefield: Bad Company 1. (The former actually being fun, and the latter being a crappy console shooter)

* Tank: One player steers and uses the main gun and another player can use a turret.

* Jeep: Rock 'n roll blasts from the stereo as one player drives, a couple of others ride in the passenger seats and one is in back on the turret.

* ATV: Didn't stay on it long as the controls for the thing were horrible.

* UAV Helicopter: Players will get on a machine that they use to control a UAV helicopter. The UAV can fire one missile at a time. It's great, but you can only fire a missile every 30 seconds or so. It'll last until either you get off the machine controlling it or the helicopter gets shot down.

Ah...that's a tad disappointing. Sounds like it will be console-ized methinks.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Console-ized? how come? As long as sparta gets a dedicated server for it, i don't see how this game couldn't be tactical...

Are you kidding, from the people who once brought us BF2, now bring us BF HEROES! and 1943? No, I lied, they haven't brought us 1943 yet. Wasn't it due out in August?

I agree with Dustin Quillen, that Mr. Van Dyke had better not let us down. The EA/DICE flop with patch 1.5, and the time they wasted on heroes, turned me from the series. It still sucks for my wife though, because without ARMA 2 I would have spent more time cleaning around the house.

OH but bad company 1 on the 360 was amazing! We are getting a beta for PC on Dec. 9th Ill look for the link on that one later.

Yeah it looked good on the 360, one of the best for the frostbite engine. BUT, it was still on a 360. They didn't even release it for PC, and who knows how good it would have been given the average for ported games these days?

That said, and in defense of DICE, the BF2 360 version was awful in comparison to the PC release. Maybe they really are putting in the time to make frostbite work on PC?

I think they are putting in the time to get this right for the PC, hence the reason for an open beta for it to get the bugs all worked out for a good release. I have faith that DICE wont be f-ing this one up hopefully.

Its a beta for PS3, not PC! I'm sure they'll release a dandy console title, it's the PC title that I don't trust. I'm not worried though, I spent last summer fretting over the release of '43 and BC2.

I know it's supposed to be more video-game than sim, but the medic carries a SAW?! C'mon.

Will there be a BC2 for the PC released?

if so, when?

How do you guys think this compares to CODMW2

Thanks

How do you guys think this compares to CODMW2

The SP storyline is similar to BC1, so it'll be littered with bits of dark humor. Otherwise I anticipate it'll be similar to the first, perhaps more exploding things. Does MW2 boast the fully interact-able environ like the BC frostbite engine claims?