Spartans Home

America's Army 3

MH6~SPARTA~

I'm sure ya'll already know of this game, but I haven't played it in a few years so I'm going to download it and give it a try.

Can't beat a free game.

If anyone else wants to try it out let me know. Having some people to play tactically with in AA would rock, especially since, moving as a squad, we'd rip the other team (with no teamwork) to shreds. Or if we got enough people we could have tac. matches, where both sides play tactically.

There are even co-op modes, like in ArmA2 (though not to the same scale).

Also, for those of you who desire CQB in ArmA2, you'd probably enjoy this game.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

I heard AA3 is a lot better wich CQB than in Arma's engine, and that alone is worth it, although you can't beat the scale that Arma provides. I do miss some of those CQB matches we used to play :)

Oh yeah, I personally think AA has the best CQB of any military game. 'course I've never played any of the Ghost Recon games so don't jump down my throat about that :P

I do agree that ArmA's scale is amazing. Main thing that attracted me to it. I just wish it actually had actual CQB.

Anyway off to class. Will def. try out AA3 when I get home.

:lol:

Was getting ready for class so it was a rushed post, apologies.

But yeah easiest way to get it is through Steam. 2MB/s DL is so damn nice.

Being a student is SUCH an easy life. I miss it...

I'll start the AA download and see how it goes, but I think ARMA II will keep the bulk of my attention for some time.

I just did a bunch of the BCT missions, and I must say, AA has come a long way from what it used to be. I particularly enjoyed the medic lesson; having to figure out what was wrong with the soldier based on symptoms and observations. (i.e. if he has pale skin and is unconscious, he probably suffered blunt trauma to the head, and can be revived with the use of smelling salts)

The weapons are fantastic. Especially the M320 GL. Finally, leaf sights that work!

Once I finish up with the training missions I'll try some multi-player.

AA3 is excellent so far! :thumbsup:

P.S.- It'd be cool if one of you Army vets could compare the in-game representation of BCT and MOS training to real-life.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Many of us in (1VB) were/are beta testers and forum administrators for America's Army.

A few of us played a 4v4 match the other night and it was a blast. The older maps (Pipeline) that have been redone are fantastic! If you have yet to play it, what are you waiting for?

SAR

Many of us in (1VB) were/are beta testers and forum administrators for America's Army.

A few of us played a 4v4 match the other night and it was a blast. The older maps (Pipeline) that have been redone are fantastic! If you have yet to play it, what are you waiting for?

SAR

Playing multi now, it's a blast. Next time ya'll play lemme know :D

Uninstalled.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 and it will not run. The work around for this is to run through Steam and some of you know how I feel about Steam. I wont be playing this one.

It would have been nice to know about the whole 64 bit issue before spending well over an hour downloading this game.

Uninstalled.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 and it will not run. The work around for this is to run through Steam and some of you know how I feel about Steam. I wont be playing this one.

It would have been nice to know about the whole 64 bit issue before spending well over an hour downloading this game.

Sorry bud, didn't know of any issues.

I know Steam isn't great but I don't have too much trouble with it.

Sorry bud, didn't know of any issues.

I know Steam isn't great but I don't have too much trouble with it.

I hate to admit it, but I wasn't impressed. Probably due to the workup of games on the table now, and that it's the third try for AA to put something together. I haven't un-installed it though. I'll give it another chance later.

I'll be honest. Playing AA3 reminded me of my pure, unadulterated loathing for god damn Punkbuster. Can't play more than an hour before getting kicked. This also occurs for every single other game that uses Punkbuster. Go go shitty software!

And as I typed this I was reminded of my hatred for Comcast. Thanks for not working, internet!

I'll be honest. Playing AA3 reminded me of my pure, unadulterated loathing for god damn Punkbuster. Can't play more than an hour before getting kicked. This also occurs for every single other game that uses Punkbuster. Go go shitty software!

And as I typed this I was reminded of my hatred for Comcast. Thanks for not working, internet!

I'm in 100% agreement about punkbuster, what a lousy blasted thing-how do you stop real hackers by installing a client-side program that doesn't play nice with any games I've yet tried with it, and is vulnerable because it's installed on the hacker's friggin' computer?!

Comcast though? Your internet seems to be working well enough to post, and their help center is here in Newfoundland. Anybody you need me to rough up for not giving you that extra VIP channel package for free? :D :D

I'm in 100% agreement about punkbuster, what a lousy blasted thing-how do you stop real hackers by installing a client-side program that doesn't play nice with any games I've yet tried with it, and is vulnerable because it's installed on the hacker's friggin' computer?!

Comcast though? Your internet seems to be working well enough to post, and their help center is here in Newfoundland. Anybody you need me to rough up for not giving you that extra VIP channel package for free? :D :D

Nah it just wasn't working entirely for about 5min. Go to submit post and get a "Unable to connect" message. No reason either, my connection just likes to cut out for random periods throughout the day.

It's all good though. I'm moving in a few months, and the next house will have FiOS. :D

Is the 64 bit issue just a Vista thing or will it still be there once I install Windows 7 64?

I actually started to dl the game last night but my piss-poor broadband decided to drop my 10mb service down to 0.8 so I gave up!! <_<

Engineer is out tonight to look things over and fix it, hopefully but not much point dl'ing AA3 if I'll see whatever these 64 bit issues are.

Thx