Spartans Home

Comcast tech support chat

Anyone else have Comcast here in the US? I'm trying to deal with these idiots on the online chat today, for the past few days, really. They first make you type out all your information to enter the chat window, then the first damn thing the support person asks is "what's your name and address?" <_<

This person now is asking me for information, and is getting testy with a "Did you do suchandsuch..." "yes or no?"

It seriously took 10min just to get her to verify my address... :darkvador:

I have comcast and they suck. Simple as that. Just call them and repeat the quuestion abck to them everytime. They will get the message.

comcast= Is the modem plugges in to the wall?

you= So you want me to check and see if the modem is plugged into the wall? Is that correct?

They will get so annoyed... and the bonus is that it blows their service call time numbers out of the water.

Good hunting.

I don't mind cable companies, as long as they just get their shit together. I've been waiting for 2wks to get my old number ported over to the new one. I've called 3 times, chatted twice, only to be told that "don't worry, it is all under control, if you haven't heard anything by the 7th, let us know."

So now I have to call because the chat lady couldn't handle my question, and now they're saying that the damned process wasn't even started.

Comcast sucks, but I tried the alternative and they suck just as bad. It's almost as bad as trying to deal with the government.

I have comcast and they suck. Simple as that. Just call them and repeat the quuestion abck to them everytime. They will get the message.

comcast= Is the modem plugges in to the wall?

you= So you want me to check and see if the modem is plugged into the wall? Is that correct?

They will get so annoyed... and the bonus is that it blows their service call time numbers out of the water.

Good hunting.

Haha def. doing that next time. I get really tired of that "Unplug your modem for 15s" bullshit, as I've probably already done it before calling them. What really pisses me off is that I can't get a splitter to work anymore for more than a few days (can't figure out why either), so I can't run the net and the TV simultaneously. Really annoying.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't had any trouble with them, although you have to assume your speaking with an idiot that thinks your probably one also. I just start off with all the info and they have trouble asking me any additional stupid questions.

Anticipate the stupid question and answer it up front. Takes more typing but pays off in the end.

I have had dealings with both good and bad techs at comcast.

BTW I have great connection speeds with Comcast but I think that depends alot on the local franchise.

I have comcast. It has been my experiences that the first level tech support people have no clue (about as good as the recording that tells you to reboot your modem and that will make the world a better place). If I have a real problem I just politely tell them to get their supervisor, this usually pushes me on to someone who knows less then me But can have some actually come to the house.