Spartans Home

Stellar time playing - Sept. 12th

Jadecougar

Guys,

Hands down! Full server last night! Full choppers! Excellent battles! Teamwork was stellar apart from a select few!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself! That was one of my top 5 best 'tactical evenings' and I just wanted to say Thank you for the games. Nice getting to play with you Custard and Durka as well. Plenty others in channel...too many to mention.

These are the kinds of sessions that make people game addicts!! lol!

Could have easily gone on through the night still but kids are reliable wake up calls and Church in the morning too! lol!

Thanks for the compliments! We're always working hard to make this server enjoyable for all. Running full-on tactical turns off some really nice players, so we only try to do that on Friday nights. Half tactical is what most people enjoy and are used to, although that doesn't prevent others from making their own team and working in whatever way they want to. We'll gradually be moving towards more teamwork in the future, and those who choose to run by themselves will find they are steadily losing support.

I'm finding that Arma2 has been, by far my most favorite gaming experience, and that includes Ghost Recon 1. The possibilities are endless.

I'm finding that Arma2 has been, by far my most favorite gaming experience, and that includes Ghost Recon 1. The possibilities are endless.

I am starting to feel the same way - Arma2 provides so many possibilities.

I really want to start testing some of the smaller coop missions to see if the quality extends past domination.

Yeah, the coop missions are all dependent on the creator. They can be as simple or complex, limited only by the imagination. I've made a few missions, and have slacked off lately, but in my time working with it, it seems to have a great degree of flexibility. Only problem is trying to undertand the code, lol.

For me, anyways, the coop missions are twice as intense and nerve-racking than Domination. Feel free to try some out on our Tac server.

The problem with ArmA and ArmA 2 is that the game offers endless possibilities but the actual game code and implementation restrict this.

An easy example is CQB, this is awful... truly dire and seriously hampers a lot of the missions I want to create. This is purely down to the game code and cannot be gotten around.

There are quite a few problems with the game and hopefully a few will be addressed with the release of the A.C.E mode for ArmA 2.

It's not perfect, but then what game is? Unfortunately I feel we have taken HUGE steps backwards in PC gaming since GR 1 and don't see any games on the horizon that remedy this.

TBH at the moment I think I'm the only one still playing and creating Tactical Missions in SPARTA and having some company would be most welcome B)