Spartans Home

Let us remember

Jadecougar

So hard to believe this was eight years ago! Still feels like it could have been yesterday. This marked a start to a new world and changed the way we viewed it forever!

I'm not American. I'm Canadian but despite the fact I live in Finland I still (along with many around the world) felt it as strongly as if I would be American in New York on that day. Many nationalities died that day and even more hearts were broken...all throughout the world. Lives were changed forever.

May we never forget!

User posted image

Edited by Jadecougar

?Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. ?

- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

?Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It?s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It?s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend?even a friend whose name it never knew. ?

- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001

Eight years ago today is why I enlisted in the first place. Not for the paycheck, the college money, or the sense of belonging, but because of this day and the need to do something. I knew that soldiers would be maimed and killed on the battlefield and my particular civilian skills set as an EMT Shock Trauma Technician would be well transferred into Combat Medic. I signed on the dotted line and and put my life in the hands of those just like me.

Today is bitter sweet. A Happy Birthday to Legion of Sparta and a mournful 9/11.

Don't forget.