Spartans Home

Sparta Domination SOP Suggestions

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

great idea ..was trying to advise something like that effect lastnite..also i think we need a flight school so we we can get in to target and not be so far off ....

.....Navigation maybe the commander can asign a navigater for chopppers 1,2 and also for marking in rout any targets spotted on the way. :allgood:

great idea ..was trying to advise something like that effect lastnite..also i think we need a flight school so we we can get in to target and not be so far off ....

.....Navigation maybe the commander can asign a navigater for chopppers 1,2 and also for marking in rout any targets spotted on the way. :allgood:

Hell I can usually get a chopper right up to the edge of the red zone safely, but usually people freak out when I do.

Nice idea Kille, though I have to say it may be tough to organize. Maybe adding some info panels that could relay the commanders orders to teams/squads? But I still like it.

Anyway some of my thoughts and ideas after playing on the server for a few days:

1. The System Arma 2 has for Freindly Fire and identifying the guilty party is fine but it can defintley get in the way. Marking the player as a warning is fine, but not the same as the enemy (should be changed, maybe yellow or orange if the only kill one or two people, then turns red if they continue to do it and actually turn into an enemy). There are countless times when people fire upon me after I accidently blow someone up while taking down a radio tower. Its a good system to mark and penalize the guilty party (to warn them, or to make sure they are more carefull next time) but not at the expense of confusing the other team members.

Another aspect of this that should be removed or altered, is the fact that if there is a freindly fire unit in a vehicle everyone who etempts to get in after them cannot. There is no penalty to the guilty and other players experiences are hurt because of this. This should be removed, and inplace of 'penalizing' them like that, they should get a warning on their screen (a red text message "you have commited freindly fire, you loose an item out of your inventory", and they loose an item. Thus making them more careful.

2. Stealing enemy vehicles in this game is good, but it is a pain when similar to the freindly fire marker, the vehicle is still red on map, GPS and player tag. This should be changed so that once a vehicle is taken over by a freindly it is green, and should only be hit by freindlies if they are not carefully and not looking at their map. This would also stop confusing players (such as myself)

3. There seems to be a huge problem with people getting into vehicles they shouldn't, I propose a system in which the server only allows individuals to drive certain vehicles (such as the MHQ, Heli's, Planes, and Tanks) who have typed in a password (possible a section located int the 'Show Status' menu) the password would only be distributed on teamspeak. Thus allowing only TS players acess to these items. It might be somewhat of a pain, but in the end it wil stop the incidents of random players fooling around with these craft.

4. I also agree that there should be some civilian vehicles spinkled across the map, its a pain to be afk for a minute or two only to be left in a cleared town, with the only options being to force respawn, parajump (which most people don't like other players doing), or waiting for someone nice enough to give them a ride. Placing these vehcicles will allow more options to travel, and to catch up to the rest of the palyers.

I do realize that some of these will need a little modding and server editing, but they would be a truely great addtion to the server, and would lead to a much better expereince. Thanks hope you like these suggestions!