Spartans Home

Total War Empires

custard~SPARTA~

I've played the sea battle and the land battle on the demo.

Land battles are the same as before just lots more gun powder units plus you can hold buildings and use cover so ranked muskets can fire over logs etc all good.

Sea battles are very intensive I found I could only control all my units (6 ships) effectivelly and win playing at mostly slow motion speed. Unit animation is really stunning. The British faction can build HMS Victory and there is a special ship for the North Americans to play with.

From what I've read about the campaign map holding cities with a few units behind huge walls is going to see your wealth making farms, harbours etc raped ie lose.

There is a promise that the campaign is going to be online multiplayer in the near future and in six months I will buy a copy. Because this game like all it's predecessors will need patching big time. Unlike UBI they will do it and do it properlly the game is getting rave reviews.

I am loving this game so far ! :D The AI is a LOT

let me repeat that

a LOT

smarter than they were before. Im finding myself constantly getting flanked by cavalry if im not watching out, havng to redeploy my forces everywhere and also having some very close battles. And this is just on normal difficulty ! I'd hate to see what very hard is like :P

The sea battles are graphically stunning as well as having suberb gameplay in them, and ship explosions are just amazing B)

On the campaign map, you get less regions, however you get seperate farms to upgrade for more food, which in turns causes more towns to grow. These towns can be upgraded for a specific role, be it bars etc for happines, schools etc for research (there is a technology tree, so where your opponents might be researching new upgrades to farms, you might be researching a new firing drill), workshops for wealth, or religious schools for a mix between happiness and religion. You also get ports which grow, ad can be chose to either be a fishing port, a trade port or a naval dockyard.

For the multiplayer campign, as said it will be coming out later on. You will be able to play with a friend on the campign map, taking simultaneous turns etc. They will first release a beta in a patch within the first few months, and then when satisfied they'll release the full option in a later patch.

Im liking it so much.....i keep forgetting to get screenshots :lol: Im always to focused on the battles :P

is this one of those "I am god in third person viewing from the heavens above" kind of games?

You can view it like that or in amongst the units at their eye level

I keep forgetting to save the replays after every battle so i can get screenys lol <_< Im just loving it so much so far :lol:

And yeah, by pressing insert you can see first person from that selected person, and with ships you can see in the gun deck :)