Spartans Home

Delta Force Xtreme 2

DaiSan

This one seems to be living up to it's Special Forces name and is doing a good job of slipping in under the radar.

End of Feb 2009 release apparently!

Anyone else interested? or any more info?

The first one was Joint ops with out sights and no name tags, and was a mod of JO and different maps. I hope this next one is better. But I think EA games bought the controlling intrest in nove logic wicth did them in , This is probley anouther mod of JO. I know some of the guys that did the IC mod for it. Made the ak47s sound like beating a drum when it fired=A Joke mod!

Delta Force: Angel Falls - http://www.novalogic.com/DFAF/angelfalls.htm

I couldn't find anything other than the picture on the home page (http://novalogic.com/default.asp) for DF:X2. Even the pre-order link in that image goes to a different product.

Um... under the radar is right!

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

From what Medic put up looks real good, like maybe made with crysis game engine? Dx 10? might be good after all. No, made with old crappy 9.0c but still might be ok. I liked the whole delta force series, It was alot of fun!!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Delta Force: Angel Falls - http://www.novalogic.com/DFAF/angelfalls.htm

I couldn't find anything other than the picture on the home page (http://novalogic.com/default.asp) for DF:X2. Even the pre-order link in that image goes to a different product.

Um... under the radar is right!

I have never played any of the Delta Force series, the screen shots look nice

Delta Force Xtreme 2 revealed

Posted Feb 3rd 2009 8:00PM by John Callaham

After being in a kind of corporate coma for the past few years, developer-publisher Novalogic has apparently decided to wait up. Late last month they released a Delta Force 10th Anniversary collection of all their previous games in the military shooter franchise. They also have an all new game, Delta Force: Angel Falls, that's supposedly due out sometime this year.However Novalogic is apparently releasing yet another new Delta Force PC game very soon. Novalogic's official web site has a banner that show a box cover for something called Delta Force Xtreme 2. The first Delta Force Xtreme game was a graphical revamp of the original Delta Force game with some new missions. There's no more info about the new game on Novalogic's site. However, according to posts on fan site NovaHQ from supposed sources in Novalogic, Delta Force Xtreme 2 will be an all new game and not a remake of a previous title in the series.

Link

same engine as DFX / JO etc like the past few nova releases and it will look extremely similar, borrows same assets/models from previous games to (again).

DFX2 kinda came out of the blue, DFAF has been known for along time, but noone knew about DFX2 which has a release date pretty soon... way before DFAF.

i don't think DFX2 will ammount to much tbh, but at least it's a proper delta force title and has no vehicles like the Joint Ops series. bring on DFAF anyway :)

Aparently this game maker is still holding on to the past, Could it be they shook loose from Electronic arts? And if so why are they still with the OLD DX 9, We need new dx10 games!!! These game makers are technoligy holder uppers. Give up the past and get into the future!

Delta Force in it's day was probably the premier COOP FPS game .... we are talking years ago here.

Along came Joint Operations dubbed "The Battlefield Killer" amounted to nothing more than a run and gun kiddie shit feast as they removed all of the good features and made it for 12 YO children due to the constant whinging upon the forum about it being "Too Hard" and "Snipers rule" ... yes snipers rule but hell you had to be good to play the part right.

For those of you who played this series ...remember gillie suits and long grass in DF2 ... brillient wasn't it as long as you never moved ...you never got seen :) then DF3 came out and we went to a desert ...no grass so snipers had to adapt, so when you pulled off that 2,5 km shot and dropped your target on the move and it came up on screen with a 50cal ... you knew you were good ! ... remember ?

Now fast fwd to today .... DF struggled with JO and lost 85% of there player base due to the patch in JO that effectively nerfed all the good aspects of this game in one shot, since we saw all the good removed from previous titles and never retained the community just ditched em like a hot potato and never looked back. We all moved on to more enjoyable games and with aspects we wanted without the run and gun UT and Quake style. Novalogic tried to hold in there but the damage was done and there profit margin dwindled to ...zero so out came the revamped re releases to try to win hearts back. This never made any impression as the damage was done and dusted from long time fans minds.

They still retain a revamped engine and old game mechanics which seriously need updating but without a player base and more income this simply will never happen, not to say DX9 is out ... still produces many of the most stable titles even today as DX 10 has limitations and the main stream users can't match the requirements for all the eye candy.

DF was never a game with beautiful eye candy ... but it sure had some of the best player experiences around in it's day, and as we all know eye candy comes at a price and sometimes is so paramount in the developers minds they forget to make the game fun for the troops ... A pity isn't it, as eye candy alone does not or ever will make a game fun to play for a serious team working together.

I doubt this will amount to much just a revamped "Blackhawk Down" as JO was a disaster and had many issues not just the kiddie aspect, network codeing was shocking to say the least, it was that bad it was pulled from sale in Australia due to so many complaints, because what you read upon the box was not what you got in the game, Yes I also got sucked into purchasing JO ... Never again will i touch a Novalogic title.

However some of my fondest game playing time was during the early DF 1,2,3,4 titles on the more professional servers around who demanded team players not runners and gunners.

Nova ... you screwed your community with JO and the patch ... WE WILL NEVER FORGET !!

Ya thats what did the game in for us, as well, that last pacth. But you know they pached it back to what it was orginally now. And I still play it every now and then. and its still fun. I like that big map with the 2 islands, and i get a patrol boat and go off shore and rain them with nades on the islands like artilary LOL! Its stull fun! You get on those 150 player servers and its a free fall for all. Or you get 4 belt fed dudes in a chopper and fly over the island real low so the stingers can't get you and reak havok on the island. The biggest fun was nifeing all the snipers along the hills on those big maps. You could allways get 3 or 4 along the ridge lines.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~