Spartans Home

Breath new life

Athlon64~SPARTA~

I got a old computer at work. And I do mean old! Made back when dirt was young! Its a dell optiplex gx1 450 of ground stomping power. The cheap buggers will not get me a new one, so im stuck on what I call grand maws old dell running win 98. Its got onboard graffics, ATI rage 2. all the ram it has is 256. WOW what punishment! It got to the point that it wont hardly load the fourms So I had some old computers that died some friends gave me. So I robbed some ram and a fx5500 256 PCI slot vid card and loaded it all up into this old dynesore, and Wa-La the old piece of crap isent so bad after all. Then they had me on dialup AHHHHHHHH!!!!! So I was looking around in the shop office and what do I see a LAN plug in the wall.AH HA! I shoved a 10 foot cat 5 in there and got on a network here some where thats dsl. I got into their router and set it up! Don't know whos network it is but I set the password now! ha ha . So Im jamb up here at work now!!! At least when I minimize the fourms and start up photobucket it doesen't freeze now. Hey i think i can at least maybe play novalogic land warrior. WOW modern technoligy when will it end!

So save those old parts you never know when they will come in handy!!! LOL

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I got a old computer at work. And I do mean old! Made back when dirt was young! Its a dell optiplex gx1 450 of ground stomping power. The cheap buggers will not get me a new one, so im stuck on what I call grand maws old dell running win 98. Its got onboard graffics, ATI rage 2. all the ram it has is 256. WOW what punishment! It got to the point that it wont hardly load the fourms So I had some old computers that died some friends gave me. So I robbed some ram and a fx5500 256 PCI slot vid card and loaded it all up into this old dynesore, and Wa-La the old piece of crap isent so bad after all. Then they had me on dialup AHHHHHHHH!!!!! So I was looking around in the shop office and what do I see a LAN plug in the wall.AH HA! I shoved a 10 foot cat 5 in there and got on a network here some where thats dsl. I got into their router and set it up! Don't know whos network it is but I set the password now! ha ha . So Im jamb up here at work now!!! At least when I minimize the fourms and start up photobucket it doesen't freeze now. Hey i think i can at least maybe play novalogic land warrior. WOW modern technoligy when will it end!

So save those old parts you never know when they will come in handy!!! LOL

Nice job.

If I could play any game at work, I'd get sweet feck all done. :lol:

Or you could pop in a couple of cheap HDs in that box and with some freeware use it as a NAS for storing all your paid for films etc. Not the rental DVDs you've copied mind, that would be wrong and we couldn't condone that illegal nonsense, DVD shrink is for backing up films that you own ok.