Spartans Home

Gameplay

usthomsen~SPARTA~

In short.......The game SUCKS

Everybody is bunnyjumping around and is almost immortal like in the earlier Quake games

Everything is about running and gunning.

The enemy is lid up with a red triangle wich makes it impossible to hide.

Shooting is also like in the good old Quake days where u fire the plasma thing and u see som explosion in front of u but don´t know if u hit the enemy or not.

I am a little disapointed to say at least.

The good things about the game is that the graphics are running smooth and the wide and long view is also good.

Arr crap ... What do you say.

The imortal part is not good at all, The player indicator will be coded out in a patch or mod like in previous types, So that part is not so depressing.

Being new there will be the element of just running around like mad, did you actually see anyone trying to work together and complete objectives ? ... I wonder if the maps are big enough now.

Well we knew it was not to be Crysis ... This will fall in it's shadow. Still apart from the morons he only was disapointed by a couple of aspects which will be coded out in addons or patches, the player icons you can turn off server side i think ... not positive.

Oh well ... maybe my experience on monday may be slightly better won't hold my breath however.

Ok i know i was a little harsh in my rewiev but the main problem is the jumping around and the shooting wich hasn´t improved since the last quake 1,2,3 and 4. Why hell hell havn´t they just removed the ability to jump? What i fear is that it is going to be a kids game.

I don´t doubt that u can play the game tactical and actually have a good game. Problem is that i don´t think its the way to win. The BUNNYS are going to be the ones that prevail and its going to ruin the gameplay for the rest and more "adult" players-

Soory Mut that i say this but i also had some high hopes for this game unfortunatly i am really disapointed.

Well this is going to be either ya like or hate it game.

I played for several hours tonight online and had a ball owning the dumb shits, here are examples of how below.

A - Strategic placement of mines .. especialy proximity ones ... They run through a doorway near objective ... boom ... owww shit dead again.

B- Scoped assult rifle on top of a location .... many heads to pound before they find you.

C- When defending ... find a spot you can see the objective and cap heads from a small out of the way location ... again many targets to maul.

D- Again when defending use your deployables and mine there progress routes.

Now some bad points ...

The screen gets way cluttered with text at certain points ...makes it hard to view the battle feild, However opacity might help here and time displayed. There is an abundance of annoying voice binds ...these i need to remove as well. The bunny hopping is not that bad even with my 100 ping i had no trouble disposing of many who tried. The game is very fast paced so no time to dawdel about looking at the scenery. All in all at this stage i would give this a 7/10.

I am yet to get on a team who ALL work as a team ... Learning the maps is also a must do but it is fun to play regardless of the problems i listed, Graphics wise looks nice sound works too well the game runs smooth and out of the box is more "Finished" than many other games i have played.

I believe it needs larger maps and more deployable's and win scenarios, if the community get behind this game and make something of it .... It will be popular.

If you want to do a comparasin just for grins ... Graw 2 ... Under 1000 players online at any one time, QW on the other hand which has yet to be released in the USA has a few thousand online already and this will grow.

I would not say it's going to be as good as Crysis but it's new and fresh content and a nice change from all the usual dull wana be m16 wielding running n gunning regular Army style games we have seen in the last few years.

If you have any interest in this game ... I suggest you read the links i put up and find out what is actually in it and how the 2 sides are very different ... then consider it if you like what you see and read.

This game is nowhere near a FLOP ... but it wont appeal to everyone make your own call.

Maybe i shall see you in a game one day.

L8R Mut :)

PS. ..I will post more as this was my first hard night at it but overall enjoyable.

Tried the demo, I did not like it. There was so much going on on the screen it made it difficult to concentrate on the enemy. So many bright colors to look at that get in the way of whats important, making sure your enemy is down when you shoot him.

This game is perfect for the CS:S fans but It wont leave the ground for most GR players. To much like a console game.

• 4 weeks later...