Spartans Home

Arma map assesment

Zeno~SPARTA~

We need to give some thought to the format of this post so that all are consistent, I have added these maps and will add others after they have been played.

=RTY= co10 - 5th SFG 1.14 [1]

Revive

Excellent map

no bugs

=RTY= co10 - Pilot Rescue 1.14 [1]

Revive

Excellent map

Bug Alert

It appears to be impossible to get the pilot to follow his rescuers. Apart from that no bugs reported

=RTY= co10 - Situation Critical 1.14 [1]

Revive

Remember to turn off the intro

Excellent map

No bugs

[co-06] = RTY= Delta Force 1.14 [f]

Revive

excellent map

no bugs

Liberation_V6-5_CO4

Respawn

Good sniper map

no bugs

just a shame its only 4 players

co08 Tres Putas

Tricky map

no bugs

[co-10] Deep Strike (v1.0)

Revive

No bugs

Good map but not for a couple of players As there are a lot of AI, also there are BMP2s but no AT which makes for hairy moments.

CO 1-2 Operation Shining Anvil

No revive

Dont forget to turn off the intro

No Bugs

Tough sniper/spotter mission

Operation Penatration Co-op (1-12P)

Respawn

No Bugs

Not for a smal group, but a good mission for a well organised group.

co08 HighValueTargets v1.00

Respawn

Bug Alert

Armour doesnt show as destroyed in objectives. Apart from that no bugs reported

Starts on a tricky mountain which is hard to drive from. Easy first target, Others less so. Challenging sniper map.

Operation Screwdriver Co-op 1-14

Respawn

No Bugs

Difficult start in the forest surrounded by enemy.

HALO_BlackOp_III_(CoOp1-12)

Respawn into AI (When there are no more AI there is no more respawning)

Bug Alert

When there are many players some of you will practice HANO (High Altitude No opening) which is inconvenient

Sometimes you will respawn into an existing player rendering the character useless. This happened when there were many players, when there were 3 or 4 no problems were recorded

A bit confusing as there are enemies wandering around in US camo but the initial part is challenging for M24 snipers shooting at 1000 metres.

co12@special-operations-v1.3

Respawn into AI

Bug Alert

Sometimes needs to be completely exited by all players then completely restarted (otherwise players spawn as seagulls), other than that no bugs.

Excellent mission requiring coordination.

My thought is we might also list buggy maps to so we can remove them for now until they have been revised.

For instance,

What was the name of the one lastnite that kept spawning people in other players bodies so we fought over which direction to walk... shoot. etc. ?

Also we had one the night before that caused several people to crash and eventually stopped running forcing us to restart the game on the server. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that one either. (I hope I'm not getting senile)

Some of the victims might remember.

Just a thought.

My thought is we might also list buggy maps to so we can remove them for now until they have been revised.

Zath

the idea of the post is to note bugs, unfortunately I also cannot remember the name of the last map, which also doesnt let a couple of players open their parachutes, but only if they are Zebb and T1. Apparently they are selected for deep penetration duties, lol.

Zath

the idea of the post is to note bugs, unfortunately I also cannot remember the name of the last map, which also doesnt let a couple of players open their parachutes, but only if they are Zebb and T1. Apparently they are selected for deep penetration duties, lol.

Not with each other I hasten to add :help: :o

• 4 weeks later...

=RTY= co10 - 5th SFG 1.14 [1]

Revive

Excellent map

no bugs

I like this map but it has been blamed for some frustrating missions recently. The lag can get very bad (read unplayable) but I'm not at all convinced it's the map. A very brief chat with Cobol last night and his experience with ArmA lag in a LAN party type environment makes me wonder if some rigs/connections may be contributing to this.

=RTY= co10 - Pilot Rescue 1.14 [1]

Revive

Excellent map

Bug Alert

It appears to be impossible to get the pilot to follow his rescuers. Apart from that no bugs reported

Another excellent map. Question: Has anyone made it to the pilot with the tracker without the person with the tracker dying a single death? Short of keeping the tracker completely out of the fight (which I am willing to do to test this map) I'm not sure how to guarantee this happens. I'm sure everyone has seen the message that the tracker has been lost at the first death so I'm just thinking it may be worth a try to rule out/in the glitch status.

Just a running log of notes and thoughts.

I did manage to get to the pilot as the tracker without getting killed once mate but the pilot was bugged and laying between a wall and an object which stopped him following me, and as soon as I lay down behind him to see if it would move him he died from some injury or other.