Spartans Home

One hell of a day

Floyd~SPARTA~

On Saturday afternoon I decided to upgrade my boy?s computer with the motherboard and CPU I had brought earlier in the week.

This all went as planned, well I did have to go out to get a small extension cable for the rear fan, so I borrowed the wife?s car and shot down PC world, and while I was there I picked up a copy of COD 4 for the boy?s.

So with the upgrade complete I then put in the ACER windows disc, nothing happened

I did have a plan in place just in case the ACER disc didn?t work; on the side of the boy?s computer case is a windows key which I have never had to use.

So after I had downloaded a copy of windows from the groups and put it on a disc,

I put the new windows disc in and it started to boot, YES I AM KING.IPB Image

Then it asked for the key, which I had already copied from the side of the box and on to paper, I was ready for it.

It said ?The key is invalid? BOLLOCKS, I was getting a bit annoyed at this point.IPB Image

Ok plain C, I put the original motherboard back in (can I just ask ?why do they make it so hard to get the heat sink for the CPU off the motherboard?) and it booted straight away, once windows had finished, I noticed when I was installing video card driver that it was running slow.

One of the problems with this Motherboard is the ram don?t sit as tight as it used to, so sometimes

It seems to lose one of the stick, so I check to see if this was the case.

All the ram was accounted for but the CPU was showing up as a AMD-2200, I had brought a AMD-2800 which was replacing the original AMD-2400, AHHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFffffffffUUUUUUUIPB ImageKkkkK.

Then the wife called me to tell me I have left the car headlights on and the battery was flat.IPB Image

I went to bed. IPB Image

When you go to load windows in do a repair. But don't hitt the r key let it go and it will ask you to repair and hitt yes. that will transfer it from one machine to the outher with out getting nabbed buy the microshaft nazis. But you can only have it on one machine at a time with the same # Keep in mind if you have done that alot with the same copy of windows, you might have to call microshaft for a number, I allways tell them lighting hitt my computer and fryed it. And they will give you a new number. Change the heat sink compound your useing to artic silver or artic silver 5. That will make it alot easyer to remove it later if you have to and conduct better also. Reminds me of last xmass for me. The day you had.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

WE want part two and the thread could be;

The PC ventures of Floyd :lol:

Did you turn the key ?

I did have a plan in place just in case the ACER disc didn?t work; on the side of the boy?s computer case is a windows key which I have never had to use.

So after I had downloaded a copy of windows from the groups and put it on a disc,

I put the new windows disc in and it started to boot, YES I AM KING.

nice thread