Spartans Home

New films Dunkirk and Battle of Britain

Dunkirk will be released in July, it is directed by Christopher Nolan and the actors include Kenneth Branagh, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk

Apparently Ridley Scott is working on a project to direct the Battle of Britain. I hope it will be as great as the original was in its day.

The last major film about this was released in 1969 brimming with the best actors of the era. Obviously in 1969 there was no CGI so there were lots of real fighters and bombers with a lot of the german planes coming from the spanish airforce. The scenes including real plane were excellent, sadly no cgi meant models and there destruction looked unrealistic.

Still it was a film etched in my memory, I have seen it many times. The ATC had cadets at the cinema ABC or Odeon on the Romford Road, Forest Gate. I was one of them.

It was filled with great scenes culminating in the final battle

just one of my favourite scenes

The opening scene of the film

I like the look of Dunkirk thanks :thumbsup:

Ridley Scott has his work cut out for him the original is still worth seeing, it's frickin awesome, to me it's a bit like the remake of True Grit the original was so good that it would take a review from somebody that I trust that it is unmissable otherwise what's the point.

No way I would miss a Battle of Britain film, I might end up being disappointed but I would still have to watch it. Having said that if they remastered the original with great sound, got rid of some of the models/statics and used CGI for them, got rid of the love story, but definitely kept Susannah York, it would be the perfect film. I especially remember the germans as being portrayed as human beings, not, as was often the case in war films, crazed caricatures.